Archinect
anchor

Sci-ARC [M.Arch 2] vs PRATT [AS]

ianfennimore

Hello, I am a 5th year B.Arch student looking to a M.Arch. I would like to teach and be more involved in academia moving forward.

I am graduating from Florida Atlantic which has a pretty conventional pedagogy as far as designing to get buildings built/prepare for the profession. I definitely want more fun/weird/artistic fervor, which is why I applied to both Sci-ARC M.Arch 2 and Pratt with advanced standing. 

With tuition aside (both offered me large awards), I was wondering if any current students, alumni, or others have some insight as to what it's like at these places. I am quite surprised to be accepted into both and now actually have a decision to make. Any thoughts would be appreciated about living, the program in general, work quality, studio culture, software knowledge, etc.

Many thanks in advance

also if any students are seeing this in the future and are curious to what my portfolio was like here is the link https://issuu.com/ianarch/docs...

Mar 4, 22 5:22 pm
archi_gram

Sci arc

Mar 5, 22 9:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: