Archinect
anchor

Fall 2022 - Masters of Urban Design - Wrong Name of Program

Hi Guys, 

This is Sanah and I am an international student applying for the Masters of Urban Design (MUD/ MAUD/ MSAUD/ MSUD) in various universities in the US. 

I was checking the portfolio that I submitted to uMich. Everything is correct in the folio, however, the only issue is that I mentioned the name of the program as 'Masters of Architecture in Urban Design' instead of 'Masters of Urban Design' on the cover page in my folio. Basically, the portfolio was completely correct, however, just the cover was wrong. To correct the error, I mailed the admissions committee if they could consider the right folio with the right cover, though the rest of everything is the same. I am really scared if this will destroy my chances of getting into the university or show me as a careless person. 

I am still awaiting a reply from the universities, however, your guidance and help would be really great. Please reply. 

Feb 1, 22 11:24 am

Please stop beating yourself up about it. You made a mistake and have done everything you can to rectify it. 

If they do reject it, f*** them. Imagine the kind of martinets that are on the faculty there.

Feb 1, 22 12:39 pm  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

thats such a comforting reply. thanks a ton man

Feb 1, 22 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
monosierra

I doubt it would make or break your application. If your package was marginal at best, it might be tiny factor to some on the committee but it will not be pivotal at all when it comes to down to their collective decision. Repeatedly mis-writing the university name in your essay (due to copying and pasting) would make a deeper impression.

Feb 1, 22 12:41 pm  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

well, I guess my package is a good one (as said by a few ivy graduates for the same program). I hope this doesn't become a reason for the rejection.

Feb 1, 22 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
sanahmengi

I have got an interview call from the university. Is it worth mentioning in the interview? Or should I just let it be?

Feb 1, 22 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

Just let it be. If they ask about it, answer the question but I guarantee you they want to hear about you and your work, not a tiny mistake like that.

Feb 1, 22 1:26 pm  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

alright, advice taken. thankgod I don't have this error in my SOP

Feb 1, 22 1:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: