Archinect
anchor

Harvard GSD (MArch 1)/ The Bartlett (MArch Part 2)/ Columbia GSAPP (MArch)/ Cambridge (Mphil Part 2)

DustFlâneur

Hello all,

I have been admitted into Harvard GSD, GSAPP, Cambridge as well as the Bartlett, UCL for the MArch programmes, and now face the fortunate dilemma regarding which school to attend. I hold a 4-year undergraduate degree in architecture from a UK university (Part 1) and so I'm not sure whether to continue with that degree in the UK and get my Part 2, or to get a NAAB accredited MArch degree from the US (either the GSD or GSAPP). 

I will be basing my decision on the duration of the course as well as the work/networking opportunities that the university provides. I know that the Bartlett is considered the top architecture school in the world, but I have heard that the GSD has a very strong international outreach in terms of networking/opportunities. However, I, unfortunately, did not get granted the advanced placement at the GSD and so the duration of the course will be 3.5 years, which seems like a bit of a setback considering that the other schools are offering me 2 year MArch programmes. 

It would be great if i could receive some advice from someone who is familiar with the GSD's or/and the Bartlett's MArch programme....

Mar 24, 21 6:29 pm
fuhoward

Are you a student from the University of Liverpool or the University of Nottingham?Four years program sounds like my alumni!

Apr 8, 21 2:38 am  · 
 · 
DustFlâneur

I'm from the University of Edinburgh, which also has a four year architecture programme.

Apr 11, 21 6:54 am  · 
 · 
TED

If you wish to practice in the UK go for UCL or Cambridge and consider the GSD/GSAPP for post professional degrees.  Good option then to consider is to go for as a Kennedy Scholar - https://www.kennedytrust.org.u...  or defer GSD for a year and go for it then 

Apr 11, 21 9:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: