Design Technology Specialist
Essential Job Functions
- Complete support tasks as assigned by the Design Technology Manager, using an established help ticketing system.
- Provide first-line support for Revit, Autocad, and 3D modeling applications (such as SketchUp, 3DS Max, and Rhino). As directed by the Design Technology Manager, develop standards, interoperability workflows, and training for these applications.
- Coordinate the rendering workflow between applications. Work closely with studio staff to ensure consistent and efficient rendering and presentation production.
- Maintain an understanding of the presentation graphics workflow and the color print environment, work with the Graphics Support Specialist. Provide backup technical support for other technical support positions as necessary.
- Develop and present education initiatives including new staff training and continuing education.
- Development and maintain custom software solutions including standardized PC images related to design technology software.
Minimum Bachelor's degree in a related area or related work experience.
Years of relevant work experience:
3 years of professional industry experience.
Minimum Required Skills:
- Pleasant, outgoing personality and excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- 3 years’ experience in CAD production and/or support.
- 2 years’ experience in Revit production and/or support.
- Experience providing technical support in an AEC environment
Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, IT practices, and procedures preferably within the AEC industry. Experience with 3D printing and laser cutting. SharePoint exposure a plus. Experience in modeling and rendering with SketchUp, Rhino, or 3DS Max.
Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Please send resume and cover letter to Stephen McGorry at firstname.lastname@example.org.