Network Infrastructure IT Administrator
Houston, TX, USLocation:
Wed, Apr 30 '14Posted on:
PGAL is seeking a candidate for a network administrator/engineer/desktop support position. Candidates must be degreed, certified, or have relevant work experience; minimum of 8 years’ experience in networking, working with various LAN, WAN, security and Wi-Fi technologies and protocols.
Experience with the following preferred:
- Network infrastructures, Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, including relevant protocols
- Windows XP, Windows 7 Pro and Windows 8 Pro
- MS Office 2010 – 2013 Pro, Lync
- Adobe CS6 and Creative Cloud Suite for Teams
- Microsoft Windows Networks
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2010; 2013 a plus
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 and 2010; 2013 a plus
- Microsoft Management Tools Microsoft SQL 2005-2008; 2012 a plus
- TCP/IP, DNS, VLAN, Firewall, VPN, IDS/IPS
- Network Appliance or relevant NAS/SAN, ISCSI experience
- Enterprise Backup (Backup Exec) experience
- Microsoft VPN
- SharePoint server
- IP Telephony (VOIP); ShoreTel a plus, Hosted Telephones
- VM Ware and VDI
- Cloud Networking, Windows Azure
- Autodesk 2011 and 2013
- Revit 2013-2014
- Deltek Vision
- Software Training Protocols
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide data network infrastructure engineering, IT project management services and desktop support
- Utilize and maintain established architecture and infrastructure; and provide input/feedback on existing and new technologies/software (Administrative and Industry specific)
- Resolve IT and data problems that are of a non-routine and unique nature
- Follow standard change and configuration management processes
- Work with Operations, NOC, Carriers, Hardware Vendors and other infrastructure teams
- Provide input/feedback to and support the asset lifecycle management plan
- Engage in configuration, coordination and implementation of existing and new technology
PGAL offers a diverse and energetic working environment and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) plans.
PGAL is an equal opportunity / E-verify employer.
Based upon qualifications.
This position will remain open for 30 days, through June 1, 2014, unless a successful candidate is hired prior to that time.