RICE+LIPKA ARCHITECTS seeks Project Architect
R+L is a New York City-based architecture studio driven to engage the public with memorable works that approach normative issues unconventionally. We bring an energetic mix of civic-mindedness and personal engagement to a range of building, planning, art, and cultural research projects.
We are currently working on projects ranging from libraries, museums and theaters to academic, and NYPD projects. We seek an experienced, talented Project Architect to work closely with the partners to lead projects in client communications, design and technical development, and in construction administration.
- Min 7 years of recognized experience in all phases of design process: conceptual, detail and design development, construction documents, construction administration, site supervision.
- Excellent communications skill with complete fluency in written and spoken English.
- Record of realized and/or recognized/published projects with leading North American offices.
- Professional degree in architecture, licensed architect preferred.
- Highly developed skills in client communications, contract documentation, project scheduling, team leadership, building design, technical detailing, consultant coordination, construction administration.
- Knowledge of and experience with NYC Building Codes, zoning, filing processes.
- Excellent proficiency in AutoCAD (Revit a plus), Rhino, V-Ray, Adobe Suite, Work/Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills and a drive to maintain digital project files with great attention to detail with regard to existing office filing systems, organization and nomenclature.
- Desire and ability to work well under pressure, gauge time and meet deadlines.
- Current NYC resident with all legal permits and visas required to work in USA.
Applications are only accepted by email, as a single pdf file. Include work samples, cv, and availability. All components of the application must be combined into a single PDF document no larger than 8MB. We cannot respond to applications submitted in other formats, including links to personal websites or portfolios.
Submit .pdf applications, by email only, to email@example.com.