Project Architect - Healthcare
Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Mon, Aug 18 '14Posted on:
NBBJ Los Angeles is seeking a Project Manager with at least 15 years in the field of architecture with diverse project management experience to join full integrated teams working on large and complex California (OSHPD) Healthcare projects. This position will be instrumental in developing an emerging practice.
- Manage team complexity – plans, organizes, and supervises the work of a design staff of approximately 5 to 10+ individuals
- Responsible for accuracy and applicability of documents for entire project(s)
- Build and maintain day-to-day working relationship with client(s) and consultants
- Lead decision making process with fiscal accountability and responsibility
- Develop and execute a management work plan for the overall project(s)
- Assist with proposal preparation and participates in client presentations/interviews
- Responsible for all correspondence, reports, documentation, and general administration for the overall project(s)
- Responsible for execution of project within the boundaries of the design intent
- Apply sound and diversified knowledge of architectural principals for all aspects of the project(s)
- Make independent decisions on architectural problems and methods
- Solve problems creatively with consultants
- Negotiate and draft/write contracts
- Assist with business development and collaborate with other studios, as needed
- Develop and leverage existing client relationship for the purposes of wining work.
- Assist HC Practice Leader in developing market or client campaigns and interview to win new work.
- Participate in building a key team for the expansion of NBBJ’s southern California practice.
Skills and Qualifications (required unless otherwise noted):
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience in Architecture, with diverse project management experience
- Bachelor's degree; B Arch or M Arch desired
- Architectural licensure desired; LEED Accreditation a plus
- Must have a proven track record as a Project Manager with large, complex projects involving work that ranges from Pre-design through Construction Administration, including contract negotiation, work plan development and the ability to work with a variety of project delivery methodologies
- Excellent leadership, verbal and communication skills, and effective client relationship skills and talent for leading and working with diverse teams of designers
- Proficient in Revit with 3D modeling skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketchup, Rhino or 3DS Max desired
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative, design focused open environment
- Ability to travel as the project(s) requires
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our Career Center to apply on-line: http://www.nbbj.com/careers/