Position: Communications Manager
AEDIS Architects is an award-winning design firm that focuses on sustainable educational environments. We are looking for a Communications Manager to join our San Jose office. This is a great opportunity for that individual who can balance creativity with detailed tactical execution.
The Communications Manager will assist the Firm’s Principal’s in the creation and production of materials that support our business development activities, as well as play an active role in maintaining and improving the organization and maintenance of those materials. Candidates for the Communications Manager position will need strong interpersonal and communication skills. Proven writing, editing, proofreading and graphic design abilities are equally essential. The ideal candidate is energetic and creative, can work collaboratively and solve problems independently, is highly organized and detail-oriented, and has a passion for good design and green architecture.
- Research current and potential clients, outreach.
- Monitor and track current and target client activity
- Coordinate Principals’ and other Business Development networking efforts
- Work with Principals to write, edit and/or proofread, and produce SOQ’s/Proposals, brochures, email blasts, press releases, articles, newsletters, web copy and other original content
- Maintain and update standard marketing materials (resumes, project pages, standard proposal sections, etc.)
- Maintain, update and improve marketing database systems
- Maintain and update digital assets
- Maintain and update website
- Coordinate awards entries
- Coordinate conference attendance and speaking opportunities
- Coordinate project photography
- Organize client outreach events
- At least two years of relevant experience in a deadline-driven environment; preferably for an architecture, engineering or construction firm
- B.A. in marketing, communications, business development or graphic design
- Proficient user of Adobe Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading and graphic design abilities
- Willingness to assume responsibility and provide input on how to improve processes
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays; medical, dental and vision insurance; life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, flexible spending account.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com