Belzberg Architects is searching for an individual to join our office. Experience and skill level may range from entry level designer (just out of school) to intermediate level Architect (4-7 years’ experience) to participate in all phases of design through construction on projects ranging from 10-15,00sf homes to larger, commercial renovation projects. We also have cultural, institutional and hospitality projects in design which may call on you to participate depending on your skillset.
We recently moved into our new office on Main Street in Santa Monica with lots of natural light and a few nice decks for lunch and happy hour. Otherwise, we’re a block from the beach if you really need to clear your mind.
Responsibilities will include:
- All the usual stuff—design, coordination, client meetings, permitting, answering RFIs, presentations, site visits, full-scale mockups, etc. You will be involved in all aspects of the projects you work on.
- Working with your team closely. You’ll have autonomy to complete work in whatever way you work best, but you will need to stay connected to your team.
- Contributing to a creative, easy-going and friendly office environment. It’s important that we enjoy where we work and the people we work with.
We are looking for:
- Your personality to mesh well with everyone here.
- Experience using Autodesk Revit. Proficiency will stand out.
- Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited institution.
- Experience working in architecture firms with similar types and quality of work as ours.
- Experience coordinating engineering disciplines and consultants.
- Ability to generate technical details of conventional and unconventional assemblies.
- Experience obtaining agency approvals.
- Experience communicating with contractors is preferred.
Details regarding salary & benefits will be provided during interviews.
Instructions for applying – please read carefully.
- Resume and work samples shall be compiled in a single PDF (8mb max.) and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Online portfolios are acceptable, but not preferred.
- If available, please include samples of construction documents you were in direct control of creating.
- No telephone calls or walk-ins please. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we are only able to respond to those we are interested in interviewing.