Sr. Medical Planner
Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Thu, Jul 31 '14Posted on:
SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe extraordinary environments are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR as one of the foremost architectural, engineering, interiors and planning firms in the world. According to the 2013 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 9th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Los Angeles office of SmithGroupJJR is looking for a Senior Medical Planner to join our team. This position will be the lead planner and direct a team of architects working on a variety of different healthcare projects.
Working with us, you will:
- Specialize in medical facility planning, programming, medical equipment planning, and report writing.
- Independently conduct planning/programming client meetings or other client presentations.
- Manage and mentor healthcare studio members
- Conduct research, complete data analyses, and develop reports. May be responsible for technical coordination for specific aspects of project work and for consultants to the project.
- Conduct analyses of long-term healthcare facilities needs and develop solutions involving construction of new facilities and major rehabs of existing facilities.
- Also conduct analyses of space utilization, determine space requirements for expanding, and create solutions to meet evolving space needs.
- Function as a client leader/project planner, responsible for meeting budget criteria and maintaining project schedules for a variety of projects; responsible for leading the planning effort for a variety of healthcare projects.
An ideal candidate has:
- 15+ years of related experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in the Healthcare Architecture field and a professional degree in Architecture (Masters preferred).
- Registration as a licensed architect preferred.
- The ability to maintain a lead role in client relationships, planning and team leadership.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in a team setting, with a history of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication skills
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 or 9 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 14 or 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by applying at http://www.smithgroupjjr.com/careers:
Applicants can apply through our website at http://www.smithgroupjjr.com/careers or by sending their resumes through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.