Intermediate Architecture Staff
Seattle, WA, USLocation:
Mon, Jul 14 '14Posted on:
Callison is currently seeking Intermediate Architectural Staff. in our Seattle office This is a fully competent professional level position requiring knowledge of architectural graphics, CADD drafting methods and techniques, building systems and codes. This individual will prepare sketches, preliminary and final working drawings, and construction documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Develops complete set of construction documents including plans, elevations, details, sections, etc.
- Uses appropriate references to research and make decisions regarding technical detailing of building systems.
- Coordinates with Specifications staff and other specialists to ensure technical issues are resolved appropriately and documents are accurate and complete.
- Uses appropriate materials and equipment to develop documents; uses CADD skills in preparation of drawings and documents.
- Ensures technical integrity of documents using knowledge of applicable code, life safety systems, standards, etc.; in preparation and/or review of design and construction documents.
- May lead the work of other architectural staff in the development, printing and distribution of documents.
- May assist in site development, plan layout design, materials selection and may develop construction cost estimates.
- May perform some Project Architect work including consultant coordination duties and/or client interface throughout the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture or related field.
- Architectural License desired.
- Minimum four years experience in construction document preparation or other architectural design or technical development work.
- Knowledge of construction materials, standards and codes.
- CADD proficiency required. Intermediate level experience using MicroStation and/or 3-D modeling programs desirable.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
Physical Requirements/ Work Environment:
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching.
- Ability to perform consistent work on PC.
- Occasional domestic or international travel may be required.
To apply, please email your resume to Employment@callison.com. For a detailed job description and to see all that Callison has to offer go to Callison.com/careers.
We are an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer who values workplace diversity.