Sr. Project Architect (Santa Monica, CA)
Santa Monica, CA, USLocation:
Mon, Jun 23 '14Posted on:
Summary: This is a fully competent professional architect who will perform architectural design and development work for projects involving construction of new buildings and the alteration of existing buildings and facilities. Position is usually responsible for coordinating architectural work for entire projects or for a specific phase/aspect of a larger project. The scope and role of the Project Architect may fluctuate from project to project. Typically includes coordination of specifications and construction administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Identifies objectives and formulates options; conceptualizes total project and establish key work priorities for development of design, scheduling and budgeting.
- Prepares designs, working drawings, specifications and cost estimates for projects; initiates and develops design and construction documents for projects.
- Interprets design concepts by partnering with Senior Designer and translates them into workable construction systems; evaluates alternatives to develop solutions; maintains quality technical and design control.
- Coordinates/leads the work of architecture and interior design staff that complete design or production work, and construction documents.
- Coordinates and communicates regularly with managers, consultants, and team members regarding project status; ensures work meets clients’ requirements, is timely and completed within budget.
- Maintains records to document phases of client/architect/contractor relationship and activities.
- May perform a variety of architectural staff level duties as needed and depending on the scope of the project.
- May work with client to confirm objectives and formulate options; may prepare and conduct design and technical presentations for team and/or clients.
- May participate in marketing efforts, including presentations.
- May require domestic or international travel to visit clients and/or project sites.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture or related field.
- Minimum six years experience as an architect. Experience with shopping center design and renovations required.
- Architectural license desired.
- Thorough knowledge of construction materials, standards and codes.
- CADD proficiency required; hand sketching ability preferred.
- Minimum two years previous supervisory and personnel management desired. May be required depending upon studio assignment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively create presentations and communicate concepts to clients and associates using various software applications.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Physical Requirements/ Work Environment:
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching.
- Ability to perform consistent work on PC.
- Occasional domestic or international travel may be required.
Please send resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org