New York, NY, USLocation:
Tue, Jun 10 '14Posted on:
DASNY provides financing and construction services to public and private universities, not-for-profit healthcare facilities, and other institutions which serve the greater public good.
We currently have an opportunity for an Architect to work at our office in New York City, NY. This position is located in our Downstate Design Department. The Architect performs design review and construction observation for DASNY’s construction projects, as well as manages various phases of the building construction process. Weekly travel within New York State is required.
- Manage the project development during the pre-design and design phases of the project, including meeting with clients and consultants and providing assistance, and managing all aspects of consultant contracts including review and approval of consultant requests for payment, amendments, extensions of schedule and contract closeout.
- Perform periodic site visits to projects under construction and monitor the quality of design and construction work performed by architects, engineers, consultants, contractors and sub-contractors.
- Monitor construction activities including the review and approval of construction change orders and performance of interim and final project inspections on large and complex projects.
- Review highly technical designs, plans, specifications, addenda and change orders.
- Provide technical assistance and recommendations to unit staff, construction staff and client representatives.
- Perform independent, in-depth investigations of specific problems including architectural/engineering analysis and recommendations.
- Assist in the preparation of internal design work and modifications, sealing documents as required.
- Prepare reports for management and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, plus five years relevant post-license experience.
- Must be licensed and registered in NYS as a Registered Architect.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated proficiency and hands on employment experience in the use of AutoCAD drafting software.
- NYS Code Enforcement Official certification and LEED AP certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Contract Manager a plus.
All Applicants must also have:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Proficiency in PC applications, such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Access.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
- Choice of several health insurance plans
- Dental & vision insurance
- Membership in the NYS Retirement System
- Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
- 13 vacation days per year
- 13 sick days per year
- 5 days of personal leave per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training & development opportunities
If you feel that your knowledge & experience would be a good match for an Architect position, please apply to:
Stacey Abrams - Human Resources
Albany, NY 12207
Fax: (518) 257-3550
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
All offers will be contingent upon a thorough & in depth background check and submission of documents validating educational, professional and work credentials.