Environmental Graphic Designer
Irvine, CA, USLocation:
Mon, Jun 9 '14Posted on:
Ware Malcomb is growing our Graphics Design team and hiring an Environmental Graphics Designer in Irvine.
Ware Malcomb is an international design firm offering integrated services to clients throughout the world. Founded in 1972, Ware Malcomb offers planning, architecture, interior design, civil engineering, graphic design and sustainable design services to diverse clients.
The Environmental Graphics Designer is responsible for designing and managing wayfinding, signage, and informaitonal display projects from concept to installation.
Candidates should have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Graphics, or similar.
- 5-7 year experience
- Expertise in Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), CAD Tools
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and SketchUp
- Hand sketching ability to communicate concepts a plus
- Be capable of researching City Planning Department zoning code and processing requirements related to exterior signage.
- Be familiar with signage fabrication, installation techniques, materials and construction specifications is required.
- Have a strong sense of design for three dimensional context and environments is a must.
- Be capable of reading and understanding architectural drawings, as well as, ADA code requirements and how it is applied to wayfinding.
- Have knowledge of how to prepare design documentation from concept to design development.
- Have ability to prepare production-ready art files for fabrication.
- Have strong time management and organizational skills required to handle multiple tasks to meet demanding deadlines.
- Have excellent design skills, and capable of pushing limits and explore creative possibilities when appropriate.
- Express strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Together with Studio Manager and/or Project Manager, understand and manage client and internal design budgets.
- Display a collaborative spirit able to work with a wide range of professional disciplines, peers and clients with a positive attitude. Mentor other designers and be a part of overall Studio growth.
Submit resume: http://waremalcomb.com/careers.html