Project Manager - Commercial
Washington, DC, USLocation:
Fri, Jun 6 '14Posted on:
The DC Studio of HKS is looking for a seasoned Project Manager with extensive Commercial and Residential/Mixed-Use experience to join its growing practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Assignments may include higher-level work for training/development purposes
- Works with Studio Leadership to determine terms and coordinate the preparation of contract packages.
- Manages all project team efforts to facilitate effective execution of project design and the delivery of construction documents.
- Coordinates design group interaction both internally and externally.
- Develops project schedule and manages to that schedule. Prepares strategic plans for projects.
- Develops job costs, job budget, and manpower projections.
- Manages project financial performance and billing.
- Overseas the preparation of detailed code and zoning analysis.
- Exercises skills of persuasion and negotiation on critical issues.
- Oversees both internal and external members of project team.
- Mentors and nurtures staff in the office and in project work
- Has excellent client and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable leading multi-disciplinary teams on large complex projects.
- Responsible for working with Principle in Charge, Design Leadership and Project Architect in the execution of the contract.
Education and Experience
- Professional degree from an accredited program.
- Large scale Commercial Experience Required
- Typically with 10+ years experience.
- Architectural Registration preferred.
- LEED credential preferred.
- Knowledgeable of BIM preferred
- Experience with management software required, such as Microsoft Project and Vision.
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org