Senior Project Interior Designer
Hickok Cole Architects is an eighty-five person award winning Architecture, Interior Design, Housing, and Master Planning firm located in Washington, DC. It is one of the most successful architectural firms in the region, experiencing steady growth over a period of twenty-five years.
The firm has designed over 60 million square feet of corporate office buildings, multi-family housing and interiors since its founding. Our staff of highly talented and experienced professionals gives us the capacity to design and document projects ranging from small scale, highly detailed interiors to large scale mixed-use projects.
With more than 10 million sf of LEED projects either in design or under construction, Hickok Cole Architects has a strong commitment to sustainable design principles. The firm is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council and includes 31 architects and interior designers - representing 75% of our professional staff - who are LEED accredited by the Council.
We’re looking for Multi-family Residential Interior Designers with 8-10 years of experience. Candidates should exhibit design and technological sophistication in their work samples and be self-starting, energetic, and creative.
We offer competitive salaries, a full range of benefits, and a fun, career-oriented work environment. Relocation expenses are negotiable.
- Provide project team leadership in coordinating execution of design intent into the construction documentation, specifications, and throughout construction administration
- Reviews and understands with proficiency detailed construction documents including floor plans, elevations and sections, electrical details, finish schedules, furniture floor plans, FF&E specifications, finish boards, materials and finishes to determine compliance in quality, design, and codes
- Understands the components of construction drawings and specifications from Architects of Record and other consultants and reviews documentation to ensure that elements are coordinated within Hickok Cole documents, as necessary
- Manage project timelines, schedules, resources and project budget
- Space planning and hand-sketching skills and excellent presentation skills
- Resolve complex technical/design issues and provides guidance to team and consultants
- Participate in and lead team discussions on technical and other project related issues
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of technical documents
- Collaborates with the Project Designer for the design of the project
- Prepares the project code review
- Coordinates the work of Consultants
- Manages the client relationship during the production and Construction Administration phases of the project
- Ability to supervise and positively motivate assigned staff
- Mentors junior staff
- Follows established standards for project production and review
- Keeps Studio Leader informed of project progress or need for assistance
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Architecture or related field
- Architecture Licensure preferred
- 10 - 15 years of Hospitality or Multi-family interiors-related experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and experience with broad, cross-disciplinary project teams
- Experienced client interaction and experience in a fast-paced, high design environment preferred
- Revit experience, Strong AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, Excel, SketchUp and other 3D sketch software, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated experience in construction document preparation, bid review, construction administration and field observation
- Must be able to multi-task, be a team player, possess a can-do attitude, be a self-starter
- Strong knowledge of Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia codes and IBC building codes and regulation
- Proficient with other data management software such as Word and Excel
PLEASE INCLUDE WORK SAMPLES WITH YOUR RESUME PACKAGE. Resumes submitted without work samples will not be considered. Work samples should be in PDF format, and no larger than 3mb.
Visit www.hickokcole.com/careers to see openings and post your resumes and work samples. Please address cover letters to Robert L. Holzbach, AIA