Archinect
anchor

SusDesign - Where Can I find sunangles?

zacman

Hello,

I'm doing an environment report, and I'm trying to find a good source for sunpath diagrams/calculating the angle of the sun (min and max angles) for Scotland?

Does anyone know any good websites for this? I've spent an hour on so on google and nothing seems suitable?

Thanks in advance,

Apr 22, 07 2:06 pm
treekiller

the best online resource for solar angles the University of Oregon's Sun Radiation Lab's calculator. you can just type in a zip code without needing to know any lat/long data or for scottland just use the lat and longitude. Just make sure to click on the polar chart option (Cartesian doesn't help as much). Even better is that the calculator produces an editable pdf (just open in illustrator).

good luck!

Apr 22, 07 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
njp
http://www.susdesign.com/sunangle/index.php
Apr 22, 07 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
zacman

Both of these sites seem to give different results, is everyone sure of the accuracy of these sources? Is there something I can reference against?

Cheers.

Apr 22, 07 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

njp's link seems to only give specific angels/location at one time/day/date... while the U of O is a general diagrams for an entire year. Daylight savings time can wreck havoc on sun angle calculations. U of O seems to be based on local solar time.

Apr 22, 07 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
dierxap

The navy posts this data based on longitude and latitude...you just need to do the drawings off of data you get from your input...it generates any amount of increments you would like on any date.
Altitude + Azimuth

Apr 22, 07 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
antipod

Get a copy of ArchiCAD and do a sun study on your building!

Apr 23, 07 9:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: