Archinect
anchor

Jobsite Pic of The Day

vado retro

Post pics of YOUR jobsite(s) here!!!

Jun 8, 06 6:52 pm
liberty bell

oh nana-nana-nana-nana-nanawall i love u....

Jun 8, 06 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
Jun 9, 06 8:23 am  · 
 · 
Jun 9, 06 8:34 am  · 
 · 
freq_arch

Where can I post pics that I can link?
I've got a flickr account, but linking doesn't seem to work...

?

Jun 9, 06 8:44 am  · 
 · 
colinrichardson

i was just gettin to like that building

Jun 9, 06 8:48 am  · 
 · 

freq...

you can post from flickr...

when you're looking at the photo in flickr, click on the "all sizes" button above the pic... then down at the bottom of the next page there should be a section with the URL of the photo... grab the URL and use it for the standard html stuff that you need to post any picture (see below)... good luck...

Jun 9, 06 9:05 am  · 
 · 
freq_arch

thanks architphil

Jun 9, 06 10:03 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

ha LB...we almost did a project with those nana wall things. had it all designed and we switched to sliders.

Jun 9, 06 10:13 am  · 
 · 
freq_arch

That's happened every time I ever considered NANA.
With the expense involved, it takes some committment to get those in. Way to go Liberty.

Jun 9, 06 10:24 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

It helps a LOT if you can take the client to see an actual installation of Nana so they can see the quality of the engineering and the wow factor of this expanse of openess. They are very nice (both the doors and the clients).

Also the aluminum are significanlty less expensive than the wood, so that helps.

Jun 9, 06 10:36 am  · 
 · 
rayray

what's the LF and the LF cost of the nana wall installation that you did LB.
It looks worth every penny - nice project

btw - love this thread

Jun 9, 06 10:43 am  · 
 · 
abracadabra

hey d, love them nana. good job. sometimes one move like that brings the whole space forward and it must not be comprimised. like you didn't. i'd be a good jello man but summer is short and i still not gone to izmir yet. i see a feature somewhere interviewing donna sink.

Jun 9, 06 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
PetePeterson

This this was sitting on a sill in the abandoned basement we're putting offices in. How'd it get there?

Jun 9, 06 12:38 pm  · 
 · 

client is a writer

Jun 9, 06 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
colinrichardson

not a picture, but i just walke in on a carpenter singing to himself:

"i'm the ass-man... yeah yeah yeah
i'm the ass-man... yeah yeah yeah"

i think he would have just repeated it over and over if i he hadn't noticed me.

Jun 9, 06 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

LB, that looks like that project could be wicked nice. hard to tell from just one photo, but something about it really struck me. freq, what is that?

Jun 9, 06 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

yeah, we sold our client on the idea...we decided that a fishing cabin didn't need 30' of nana wall, however, especially at a thousand bucks a foot.

Jun 9, 06 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

they were ready to pay for it though

Jun 9, 06 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
tlmII

a few days old but the most recent one I've got

http://static.flickr.com/44/163746181_69d898002a_b.jpg

Jun 9, 06 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

tlmII,

what's the plan on replacing those cracked blocks and rusted rebars?

Jun 9, 06 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
Jun 9, 06 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake
Jun 9, 06 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Wow! I love this thread!!!

silverlake, that looks super cool. And tlmII, is that what I think it is? Tell us more please, both of you.

Also architphil, is that a house? And yeah, freq, I want to hear about yours too!

Mine is an addition to a very cool very "Modern" as in mid-century low-slung ranchette ca. 1954. Tore down a bad garage and adding a 3-car garage, master suite, exercise, mud room, powder room, also doing interior renovation of kitchen and turning dining room into family room. also extensive landscaping and hardscape.

rayray, the bossman is right on (that's why he's the bossman) - about $1,000/LF for the Nanawall. That's a good budget figure, at least, it can go up or down (a bit) from there. Nana on my project opens the family room to a large screen porch with a butterfly roof. We'll be using Neff cabinetry in the kitchen (it's Canadian!), and I hope to have good stories to tell about them, the cabinets are certainly lovely. Not as jaw-droppingly awesome as ArcLinea, but wonderful engineering and look. Great house, great site, great clients.

Jun 9, 06 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
Jun 9, 06 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
spaceman
Jun 10, 06 12:11 am  · 
 · 
waxwings

^spaceman^
listening to the black angels and opening this thread to your image,
it all worked out very nicely. thanks.

Jun 10, 06 12:44 am  · 
 · 
silverlake

thanks LB... its a house i'm finishing up in the hollywood hills.

Jun 10, 06 12:48 am  · 
 · 
e

nice indeed silverlake.

Jun 10, 06 1:53 am  · 
 · 
beaglebot

vado - is that the ennis-brown house??

Jun 10, 06 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

u would have to ask tim its his pic i just made it viewable...

Jun 10, 06 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

we're just hoping it stands up for more than a week....

Jun 12, 06 12:30 am  · 
 · 
Gotan

Nana walls?
Didn't know about that...
any links...

It's some Prefab Wood studs walls?

Jun 12, 06 6:22 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore
Jun 12, 06 6:38 am  · 
 · 

lb,

my pic is not of a house... it is a new entrance/cashier building to a public pool complex along the waterfront in st. petersburg, fl... we're adding 3 new buildings, renovating the existing building, adding a second competition pool, and adding a play area with pool, flume slide, etc...

the concrete pedestal between the two metal columns will support a pre-existing piece of public art... and the volume defined by the columns will be enclosed in a perforated aluminum box/screen...

here's a pic of the erection of the scaffolding for the CIP 'sail'

and here's one of the back of the other two new buildings

Jun 12, 06 8:47 am  · 
 · 
freq_arch

FLM and others...
Sorry to take so long to follow up, I took the weekend off - shoot me.

The pic I posted is the first week's worth of work on a boathouse.
It will have two interior slips and accomodations above (two bedrooms and a great room. It's being added to an existing dock (with some modifications). Pretty mainstream design-wise as it had to compliment the existing structure on land. Among the best clients I've ever worked for...
It's great to do a little gem like this in between the corporate / institutional bread-and-butter stuff.

I may post some more in a few weeks / months.

Jun 12, 06 9:53 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Hey what the hell, since everyone is showing off...

(random images related to what Im working on in my job,, can't post the real stuff due to reasons of professional confidentiality )

AIRPORT MASTER PLANNING

CITY MASTERPLANNING

METROPOLIS COASTAL MASTERPLANNING

I.T / BUSINESS PARKS

great fun to do..great experience..great satisfaction..only bitch is that projects would get realised/ materialised when i'll be retired or dead.
but thats life.

Jun 12, 06 11:04 am  · 
 · 

next week the plants, and its done deal.

Jun 16, 06 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

this is delicious

Jun 16, 06 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
ross
Jun 16, 06 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
ross

well, that's about half the picture....

Jun 16, 06 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Orhan: always so beautiful, always so tight. I love your work.

Jun 16, 06 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

ross, after your picture code (usually .jpg or .tif), enter ONE space, then "width=418" without the quotation marks, then the last set of brackets.

Your pic is lovely, here it is fixed - even better.

Jun 16, 06 5:31 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

This is not my job! And thank goodness, it gives me vertigo just looking at it. I took the picture near my son's school, so I drive by it every day.

They appear to be adding a platform on top of this existing antenna. I cannot imagine the amount of movement the crane operator must experience up there.

Jun 16, 06 6:03 pm  · 
 · 

thanks puddles thanks lb. this one was for spec.
client is going to build the twin sister (a mirror image) on the next lot as was planned four years ago, but didn't pull the permit (80% cd is done and i already got paid for it, buhu...). it works pretty good because the building is actually a norrow shoe box in plan, covering only %25 of the lot, thus leaving plenty of open space between the buildings and actually developing their own personas. so they will have a nice story afterwards the installation.
anyway, i think i want to do few things better and therefore creating more work and get paid a litlle more. i am on a shoe string budget. but i get to do and say what i like. i am really happy its got done with an impossible budget of 125$ persq.ft. i think that has a lot to do with owner taking over the project half way, firing the suspended licensed contractor after the discovery, and me being around all the way to point and shoot and design as we build. i had a cd set of 9 sheets + the structural set of 15 pages. funny enough though, most of the details were in the 9 sheets already.

Jun 16, 06 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
archaalto

also posted on my blog

the art of where

Jun 16, 06 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
archaalto

damn...
sorry about the size factor...
heres a link to see them all

here

Jun 16, 06 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
some person

Nice photos, dconscience. I always seem to end up with photographs of rebar every time I make a site visit...

Jun 16, 06 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
nice job. great studio.

via dconscience. thank you

Jun 16, 06 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

they're not laughing at you. they're laughing with you. honest...

Jun 17, 06 6:52 am  · 
 · 
AP

exactly.

great thread. drooling at the work you guys are doing.

abra, freakin' elegant, I love it... if you ever decide to hire an employee, I'm your man! I don't mind taking the dogs out either....

nice work, everyone.

Jun 17, 06 7:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: