Archinect
anchor

laptop bags

sparky

anyone have a great laptop bag for a thinkpad t-series size (10x12x1) or in general. nothing too bulky, slick and roughed enough to be used daily on bike and train.

Jul 14, 04 2:44 pm
db

waterfield designs

Jul 14, 04 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
formanaught

Crumpler have some good shoulder bags specifically for laptops. They have a good amount of padding and pretty comfortable.

or is that a bit too ghetto, were you thinking of leather?

Jul 15, 04 5:47 am  · 
 · 
dezku
http://www.luovi.com/index2.asp?page=press

luovi - a standard amongst finnish design students:)

Jul 15, 04 7:54 am  · 
 · 
mbr
tumi.com

has some great ones, a little conservative, but really top quality that will last a lifetime. You can find them fairly cheap on ebay if you don't want to spend that much.

Jul 15, 04 8:12 am  · 
 · 
kotic
www.boblbee.com

- kick ass hard shell backpack cases. A bit expensive, but worth it. I've had one for five years now and still use it. They're very versatile and can be configured in dozens of ways. Plus they have a full range of accessories that allow you to completely customize. And they have an incredible wow factor.

Jul 15, 04 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
sparky

thanks for the info. i am not sure if i want the bgpack or shoulder bag. the shoulder one can get a bit heavy if you carry around your laptop, with anything else...but the shoulder bag is much more stylish, the crmplers are they pretty comfy?

Jul 17, 04 11:21 am  · 
 · 
sparky

the water fields look nice, i am just worried about the shoulder ache. i guess my laptop isnt too heavy...

Jul 17, 04 11:33 am  · 
 · 
sparky

so what about the backpack versus messenger bag debate?

is it to much to carry around 10-12 pounds on one shoulder daily on a bicycle and train?

Jul 20, 04 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
A

Just got a Pathfinder T2X (something like that). Great for airports because it has a sleeve in the middle that you can slip the laptop into and easily take it out to turn it on for screening. Holds my Dell with a 15" screen so it's roomy. Also has side pockets that can expand for sketchbooks, cut sheets, memo's, etc. Also have the ever so handy pocket to hold a few pens, passports, freq. flyer card, and other travel paraphanilia.

Side note. I had a nice architectural scale that was aluminum with quite sharp edges, but nothing like a blade. Philadelphia International wouldn't let me take it because it 'could be used as a weapon.' Now it's lost in mail.

Jul 20, 04 1:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: