Archinect
anchor

Anyone work for Gehry?

Need Info

I'm an LA Architecture student looking for as much information (Plans/Sections if possible....but I'll take what I can get) as I can get about Frank Gehry's new house being designed in Venice Beach. If anyone out there works for THE MAN or has access to this kind of stuff, please let me know. Anything and everything would help. Thanks

Nov 8, 04 3:47 am
Taesung

The house is a continual work in progress, whereas anything you get in regards to plans/sections would be already outdated since everything is modeled out first. Plus, I'm sure that the design is private and for information to be leaked out in the manner you are requesting would be a breach in protocol, and the person reprimanded or fired.

Nov 8, 04 10:59 am  · 
 · 
Need Info

From what I understand, they had to submit the design for a local review which made them public record. I'm not trying to get people to break the law or risk getting fired, I'm just looking for research to help me write a paper. Anything at all would be appreciated. Thanks

Nov 8, 04 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

So then why don't you go down to the city and ask to see the drawings? From what I understand his office can be on the secrative/ paranoid tip.

And no I don't work there.

Nov 8, 04 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

As of the LA Times story last week, the office was not releasing plans to the public. The design is still preliminary, and the City of LA wouldn't require any drawings untili the building permit application is filled out. The first public agency to get plans for review would probably be the Coastal Commission.

Nov 8, 04 11:52 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

If he goes for a variance then some drawings would go through the venice planning commision - a public forum.

Nov 9, 04 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
ge-ril-a

Give Brad a call??

Nov 9, 04 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
Sergio Lopez-Pineiro

Sorry for the stupid question but, why did you decided to write a paper on an issue about which you have no information? Is it because you believe that this project is going to be a milestone in FOG's career? If so, why?

Nov 9, 04 4:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: