Archinect
anchor

ARE - which exam to take first?

Which exam division would/did you take first and why?

The six multiple choice divisions are Pre-Design, General Structures, Lateral Forces, Mechanical & Electrical Systems, Building Design / Materials & Methods, and Construction Documents & Services.

The three graphic divisions are Site Planning, Building Planning, and Building Technology

Oct 30, 04 7:12 pm
Bula

It's entirely up to you .... everyone has there own method (i.e. easy or hard first). There is a lot of discussion on this subject plus a major amount of helpful resources available at areforum.org

Good luck and remember that NCARB will start a rolling clock as of 2006 giving you five years to pass.

Oct 30, 04 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
alphanumericcha

Grace, do a search in Archinect for ARE. There have been some good discussions regarding this subject. Good luck with your book.

Oct 31, 04 9:35 am  · 
 · 
sahar

I heard you should take the one you think is the hardest first, so if you fail you will cycle through the other tests and then the time period before you can retake the test again will be up. As opposed to finishing all of them and failing the last, and having to wait to take it again.

I think this would be good, because I wouldn't want the hardest one looming over my head. I hope you don't fail though. Good luck.

Nov 1, 04 3:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: