i don't know what to do now!

Nov 20, 06 8:30 am  · 
 · 
luco

no clue

Nov 20, 06 8:30 am  · 
 · 
joshua

I think that Louis Kahn was a genius and one of the Franks is a douche.(guess)
Ishowerinfrequently.
I love my wife.
I want to be famous, after I die.
If I finish my B.arch it will be the first thing I have ever finished in my life.
I like sadness in movies, music, endings, etc. more than I like happiness because it seems more realistic.

Nov 21, 06 10:42 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

i don't understand what space is.

Nov 21, 06 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

I want to be a cog in the corporate machine forever.

Nov 22, 06 9:39 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

The studio space in my office has an open plan, so everybody hears everybody else's phone conversations.

I generally like the person who sits in front of me. She's very nice, and very good at her job. But I absolutely hate the sound of her voice, and listening to her talk on the phone makes me want to shoot myself in the face.

Nov 22, 06 9:51 am  · 
 · 
daniel G

I have only been to NYC once and live only 200 miles from there!!!
I **GASP** Work in an engineering office
I Love architecture school
I desire the fame and prestige
I am a non egocentric egotist
I love Boston
I Love design
I would do everything short of selling my soul to be successful

Nov 22, 06 10:40 am  · 
 · 
tofuloaf

my confession...

i am a landscape architect. but secretly wish i had done architecture.

Nov 22, 06 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
hibz

i think architects are superior beings. we're the coolest.

Nov 22, 06 2:21 pm  · 
 · 

I fancy tumbles shoes!

I too have a lot of shoes including 7 black loafers with outseams in white

Jul 5, 07 10:21 pm  · 
 · 

my willingness to work with engineers depends on their love and respect for architecture

Jul 5, 07 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I want to be a college professor.

I think I would be a horrible professor.

Jul 5, 07 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

hibz, that thing about architects being superior beings?

That's not even a confession. That's just a fact.

Jul 6, 07 1:52 am  · 
 · 
mdler

i dont believe architecture can save the world

i got in it for the $$$

im getting out of it for the $$$

Jul 6, 07 2:02 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I love drawing more than most things in life. If I could get paid to just draw whatever I wanted, that would be dandy.

I'm seriously DIY. To the point that I refuse to pay for anything that I can do myself. On weekends I find myself helping a friend move, cleaning the carburetors on my bike, renovating the basement, making furniture, sewing, silkscreening.......

.....and avoiding talking to people as a consequence. I'm not a social person.

Grocery shopping used to give me panic attacks.

I'm terrible with money. Really horrible, I think.

When I have a bad day, I take my girlfriend to a restaurant and drink beer and eat nachos. It's awesome.

I love junk food and I haven't been to the gym in months. I'm gaining weight.

Jul 6, 07 2:12 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I wanted to be a marine biologist, and I'd still dive all day everyday if I had the chance and wouldn't think a thing of architecture

And i like my new job...

And i pretty much like all the "name" architects, at least the ones that give a shit about what they do.

Jul 6, 07 2:18 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

On a more positive note....

....although I'm scared as hell of my future loan repayment schedule, I can't wait another second to start classes again. It's been a few years. I am ecstatic!

Jul 6, 07 3:12 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Oh, and shit. One more. Last one, I promise.

Tomorrow may be the last day I ever see my two cats. They can't make the move with us for many reasons, and I don't want the added responsibility. I'm not even a cat person.

But they've grown on me over the years. I'm in denial. Grown men aren't supposed to cry over losing a cat. I haven't yet, but it'll happen. The fat one especially has been with me through a lot of good and bad times over the years. I'm afraid of how much I'm going to miss him.

I think I'm going to lay on the couch and spoon with him one last time, and try to fall asleep.

Jul 6, 07 3:14 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i want to strangle my boss everytime he's sketching and says:

"now that's more logical"
"now that's a nice work triangle"

Jul 6, 07 10:46 am  · 
 · 
lmnop15

I own a michael graves broom from target.

Jul 6, 07 10:57 am  · 
 · 
KEG

I own a michael graves plunger and I like it. shhh.

Jul 6, 07 11:07 am  · 
 · 
The ugly truth about Krystle Vanish and Rita Novel.

And don't miss the surprise ending.

Jul 6, 07 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

i own a michael graves toilet brush and love to scrub the toilet and think about mikey and the high school bullies....ahhhh memories....

Jul 6, 07 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i wake up every morning wishing I had a different career...but am too lazy to do anything about it

Jul 6, 07 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I'm headed out to Home Depot, my Sunday place of worship!

Jul 8, 07 10:10 am  · 
 · 
clerestory strip™

I am not an architect-I work as a typesetter for a company that makes vinyl records. I design the labels that go on the records.

I have a huge crush on Richard Meier-I flew to NYC from Nashville last year just to see him lecture.

When I went up to meet Mr. Meier at the book signing after the lecture, I was so nervous I was shaking all over-and I could not look him in the eyes!

I like riding the bus!

I have notebooks full of buildings I have designed-and my favourite place to do design sketches is on the bus to and from work.

I feel a little sad every time I see a pretty new building go up-I wish I'd been part of the design process somehow

Awww, slantsix, it's okay to cry-cats are wonderful creatures, and it's easy to become attached to them. I have a kitty and she's become my best friend-I can't imagine being without her. It's not a sign of weakness if you cry-it shows how much you care. :)

Jul 8, 07 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

architectress 840: Something about those young ladies going for the older guy in Tennessee....Don't you have some guy with a trophy wife running for President from down your way?

Jul 8, 07 3:52 pm  · 
 · 

I really don't like squeezing Japenese beetles to death with my bare fingers, but I've been doing to often everyday lately. I do like killing the beetles while they're copulating though.

Look out! Here I come.

Jul 8, 07 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
clerestory strip™

hey snooker...it's 870, and don't you forget it :)

I don't know, I just like old(er) men...I don't think it's just a TN thing though! I've always liked men at least 10 years older than I...grey hair (or in this case, white) is a turn on...anyway, I suppose you're talking about ol' Fred, huh?

Killing beetles while they're copulating...if you're gonna kill something, there's no better time to do it than then...

I know I always feel a bit murderous when I see couples out in public kissing and holding hands...where is my machete...

Jul 8, 07 6:44 pm  · 
 · 

When I am wearing my architecture sucks I often feel like saying "you wouldn't understand"

Jul 8, 07 10:15 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

arch870, you seriously need to go to arch school. I can hear the pain in your voice as you speak of architecture from CHINA!

Jul 8, 07 10:33 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

I have a physics paper due in an hour (online class) and I really don't want to write it. I loath wasting my time on things that aren't fun or useful or important. Yes, I know that's life and my attitude is childish.

I just wanna go out and play :(

I hate Sunday evenings.

Jul 9, 07 12:57 am  · 
 · 
Katze

physics is cool..stay in school...

ha! stupid - but it rhymes! Seriously, WTD, good luck on finishing your paper and happy Sunday evening.

Jul 9, 07 1:16 am  · 
 · 
KEG

:( thanks Katze. I was cool...I stayed in school...and finished the stupid essay. You are too peppy for me to stay grumpy. Thanks for the encouragement!

Jul 9, 07 3:04 am  · 
 · 
KEG

I heart Brad Pitt. My animosity is rooted in jealousy as I hope my career affords me a quarter of the design experiences/ opportunities he's had. I also think he is a great actor (meet joe black, snatch, fight club, etc.) and the sexiest human being to ever live.

Jul 9, 07 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell
Hands off, WTD, Brad is MINE!!!!

Just kidding, he can be our private baton to hand back and forth to each other....sigh.....

Jul 9, 07 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I always forget to create transmittals whenever I send drawings out. Always.

It's going to bite me in the ass one day.

Jul 9, 07 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

LMAO LB, I was ready to go rounds with you,

but, you are right, he's man enough to be passed around.

Jul 9, 07 8:50 pm  · 
 · 

I've never dated another architect...what's it like? Chatting ironmongrey in bed

Aug 3, 07 2:12 pm  · 
 · 

for the Lady of Justice...***bump

Sep 17, 08 12:50 am  · 
 · 
laistm

i think i'm the best architect on the face of this earth. everyone is full of shit.

Sep 17, 08 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I asked for and received an extension on a deadline for a project that I like working on but that is going to require me, in the next phase, to get E&O insurance, which I currently don't have and don't want to get.

Since I am fairly certain I won't be going any further on this project, I'm considering asking for another extension.

Sep 17, 08 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

i must confess i don't know what E&0 insurance is. i just had to look it up.

Sep 17, 08 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
207moak

I'm not offended by wafer thin faux brick.
Ask it what it wants to be and it says "I want to be glued to rigid insulation"

Sep 17, 08 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I can't pronounce Bauhaus.

Apr 24, 14 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

I failed my structures class ...

And I want to create buildings that stand? oh the horror ><

Apr 24, 14 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

I've skipped my loan payments for a year, just not giving a fuck until I get a better paid job.. I receive 'urgent' mails almost biweekly and loan officers have been calling my house everday, basically trying to hunt me down

Apr 24, 14 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
grneggandsam

At my old job, I once repeatedly built the same sketchup model I had already finished the day before for an entire day to appear busy and be able to bill hours on my timecard.  Everyone was very impressed with my industriousness.

Apr 24, 14 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

I once seriously dated a Chemical Engineer. She was and still is HOT!

Apr 24, 14 9:06 pm  · 
 · 

I went to an AA meeting thinking it was Architects Anonynous.

Apr 25, 14 11:40 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: