Jun 3, 09 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
sharkswithlasers

"EvilP has a press secretary?"

Now that's good stuff.

Jun 3, 09 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
blah

As I said, I don't think the name calling and personal attacks have a place anywhere, even on this forum.

I think many of us spend too much time online and should find healthier outlets where good, respectful behavior is required.

Something to think about.

Jun 3, 09 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Hear, hear! I agree with Make.

Even in the absence of the original "villain" on this thread, the name-calling continues.

Something to think about, indeed.

Jun 3, 09 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
SpoonMe
Jun 3, 09 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

what really surprises me is that people expect Archinect to not reflect the hatred and lack of real discourse and understanding going on in the country...hell, the world...I mean, all the posters here are human beings, aren't they?

Jun 3, 09 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
blah

Hatred is a choice and so is a civil discourse. If you can't be civil, don't say anything. It's simple. Blaming it on the zeitgeist is cop-out.

Let's try to the golden rule.

Jun 3, 09 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
blah

Hatred is a choice and so is a civil discourse. If you can't be civil, don't say anything. It's simple. Blaming it on the zeitgeist is cop-out.

Let's try to the golden rule.

Jun 3, 09 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

speak for yourself Emiio. I am an Archibot.

Jun 3, 09 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

...KURT...I'd suggest that Orhan's posting of such a hyperbolic statement was much worse than EvilP's reaction to it

i suggest you don't suggest since you obviously suck at suggesting.

Jun 3, 09 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

Emilio what really surprises me is that people expect Archinect to not reflect the hatred and lack of real discourse and understanding going on in the country

are you really surprised; are you sitting there mouth agape?

Jun 3, 09 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

aside, i don't see how anyone could vilify Orhan when quite obviously he's a sweet natured kind of person..and this is not a defense, its a fact, i could care less whether he is or is not. by all means, hate him for being sweet but its just stupid to pretend that he's not and that you, whoever and whatever else you are, are fundamentally a hater. you lack the intelligence to embrace your hatred.

Jun 3, 09 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

no just mild surprise, now verging on disinterest in this thread...

Jun 3, 09 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
hillandrock

Did you all know you can get drunk at 7:30 in the morning?

I didnt even know they sold beer that early.

Jun 3, 09 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio
Hatred is a choice and so is a civil discourse.

oh wow, thanks for reminding, make, I wasn't aware...
zeitgeist? never used the word: I was just pointing out that we live in the world and Archinect is part of the world and can't escape its problems.

Jun 3, 09 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
clamfan

EP sent me this - said certain of you would understand

Traditional Hollandaise Sauce

Ingredients
1 1/3 cup of butter
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp of cold water
1 tbsp of lemon juice
1 tsp of salt
pinch of cayenne pepper
Method
Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over a low heat.
Once the butter has melted, remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
Taking a spoon, skim off the foam from the surface of the melted butter and discard.
Transfer the rest of the butter to a warmed pouring jug and set aside.
Pour 2 inches of water into a saucepan and heat so that the water is gently simmering but not boiling.
In a glass bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the water until frothy.
Place the bowl over the pan of simmering water and continue to whisk the egg yolks for several minutes until they have thickened.
Remove the bowl from the heat and continue to whisk the eggs for a further minute, in order for the eggs to cool down.
Place the bowl with the eggs back into the saucepan but remove the saucepan from the heat.
Very slowly, pour the melted butter into the egg yolk mixture, making sure that you continuously whisk the eggs whilst doing so.
Whisk in the remaining ingredients until they have thoroughly blended together and the sauce is as thick as you require.
Check the seasoning and then serve immediately or keep warm over a bowl of hot water for up to 30 minutes.
Get in car and go to store.
Go to the aisle with the tampons and get a box of Massengill Disposable Douche with Extra Mild Vinegar
Choose a douching position that is comfortable for you. There are two recommended positions: 1) sitting on the toilet, and 2) standing in the shower. Whichever you choose, remember douching is easier when you're relaxed.
Gently insert the nozzle about three inches into your vagina. Avoid closing the lips of the vagina.
Squeeze bottle gently, letting the solution cleanse the vagina and then flow freely from the body.
After douching, throw away bottle and nozzle
Cover Asperagus with sauce

Jun 3, 09 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
LB_Architects

I never paid attention to EP's posts and generally have no opinion about his prior posts...but based on his last post, sent via clamfan, I say good riddance.

Jun 3, 09 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Does anyone else find it ironic that a false controversy has evolved into a thread where everybody's worst insults are coming out?

I've said this before but obviously some people have a short memory, so I'll repeat myself: Orhan is a Senior Editor of Archinect, and an engaged one at that. Check out the link to see many of the articles and interviews he's contributed to the site. What have you all contributed? What have you done for Archinect lately? If occasionally Orhan is called upon to deal with some inappropriate comments or a particularly volatile member of the forum, well, that's his job, and he should be given not only some respect, but some thanks for it.

Jun 3, 09 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
l3wis

EP doesn't know how to Bel-Air properly! -.-

Jun 3, 09 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
farmer

i agree: thanks Orhan. you're a great guy.

Jun 3, 09 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

orhan is a great guy. that's not the problem. the issue is that the cronies of the fed gov (washington/wall street axis) are taking over the internet and re-shaping it in their own self-interst...and apparently nobody is bothered by this?

Jun 3, 09 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

EP is a grown man (i assume?) and was posting on an internet forum run by others.
I would imagine that he got one or several warnings before being banned, yet continued until he was banned

he's not a martyr, he is just one of the millions of people who think they can say whatever they want online because they are annonymous

essentially, he is right, but the one thing that can happen is that he can be banned from a particular site
now he is free to move to another site to say these kinds of things

Jun 3, 09 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

for clamfan:

Kurtz (Brando) "Are you an assassin?"
Willard (Sheen): "I'm a soldier."
Kurtz: "You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill."

Jun 3, 09 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

wow

Jun 3, 09 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
sharkswithlasers

Since none of my questions were answered, and since most of you fine people are merely going to roll with big wheel on this as well as all other issues anyway, I'm going to advance to the legend-building portion of today's broadcast:

So I say, "Hey, Evil, I think that cat is stuck in that tree". I looked back, and of course Evil was already halfway up and climbing higher. That's just how he was. As he handed the rescued cat back to the tearful owner, Evil just smiled and threw out some candy to the onlooking children. Well the kids cheered for Evil and begged him to stay, but Evil was anxious to get back to the office and his client obligations, especially since we still had a few meals left to deliver to the shut-ins.

Please, share your similar experiences.

Jun 4, 09 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

what were your questions KURT?
i admit to not keeping up to the whole thread as it exploded quickly

Jun 4, 09 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
Jah is my Co-pilot

Q: ?:
A: It is unclear what you are asking.

Q: Anyone else get banned for similar reasons, or just him?:

A: Other people have been banned for similar reasons.

Jun 4, 09 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

kurt, i wouldn't have any problem with EP staying: a warning or short suspension might have been better. And, like you pointed out, he does nice things too, like saving cats from trees and sharing (above) the recipe for his favorite drink...

Jun 4, 09 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
sharkswithlasers

The whole cat rescue thing *was* quite touching... I'm just happy I was there to see it firsthand.

Jun 4, 09 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Following in the teachings of Ayn Rand, he promptly sent a bill to the cat's owner for his services.

Jun 4, 09 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
sharkswithlasers

I like your sense of humor, Gin -- the owner offered a reward, but Evil would not accept one... that's just how he was.

Gin, tell that story again how EvilP bought you all those drinks and just really helped talk you through a tough time.

Jun 4, 09 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

I LOVE THAT STORY!!!

Jun 4, 09 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
blah

Gin,

You forgot the part when you lit lit up your Gauloise!

;-)

Jun 4, 09 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
sharkswithlasers

Gin, that was really touching.

By the way, EvilP 's on the phone right now and he's in a bit of a pickle -- said he's stuck in the men's room with an empty roll, and he'd like you to send over your little Communist book ASAP.

A friend in need, Gin... help a guy out.

Jun 5, 09 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
n400

That was a good story.

Jun 7, 09 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
Moses

Evil P read too many history books, and found nothing that could confirm his superiority... his frustration comes from the fact that almost every foundation of civilization comes from these "camel jokeys"... or whatever the twat said.

just a jealous bitter old man. maybe he should go and read up on his own Indo-European relation, and realise more about his own race.

Jun 7, 09 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
*your name

I don't think a shitster like EvilP would have any problem with leaving with an un-wiped ass anyway! Let's not even waste the classified section of a throw away newspaper on his stupid ass.

Jun 7, 09 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
fays.panda

i miss ep

Jun 7, 09 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
Moses

@fays.panda - go after him ...

Jun 7, 09 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
*your name

... and wipe his ass.

Jun 7, 09 3:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: