Archinect
anchor

Is this a good or what?

oilyrag

check this out:
www.micheltorena.com
I'm interested to know what the cognocenti think about this house.

Oct 11, 04 6:49 pm
Janosh

In the context of Los Angeles domestic architecture, I don't think it qualifies as remarkable. It might win an AIA award in Michigan, though.

Oct 11, 04 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

i agree. typical 'architectural' in los angeles real estate ad. might win an award in reno, nevada as well.

Oct 11, 04 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

the interior spaces seem cramped and filled to the brim with modernists trimmings. i think some of the detailing leaves a little to be desired, the perf panels and the supply/return grilles at various locations look to be after thoughts. while the interior "furnishings" are the usual for contemporary residences the architecture looks to be an amalgamation of several different Cali architects...

Oct 11, 04 10:44 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

also, it is the 'base bid modern' look in santa monica and venice.

Oct 11, 04 10:50 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Good pics

Oct 11, 04 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
crush

- mediocre geometry
- good materials
- horrible furniture
- beautiful view

Oct 11, 04 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
bUbBLe

nice "house".. but not so special in LA

Oct 12, 04 12:57 am  · 
 · 
trace™

seems a little disjunctive to me, especially the inside, like there was an attempt to make each space too unique. personally, I lean more towards clean designs that focus on some ideas, both formal qualities and material qualities.
I do love the roof balcony, though.

Oct 12, 04 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

I am sorry after just looking at the new wood awards projects this looks like a students attempt at copying some decent project somewhere else around LA. small details that work indiviually but overall blah!

Oct 12, 04 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy_Grant

kinda looks crappy...

and i'm a LA NATIVE

Oct 12, 04 7:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: