Archinect
anchor

What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving? That is, if you're in the U.S.

chatter of clouds
curtkram

hitler's body was taken over by a draconian reptilian aliens too.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=247223

Dec 1, 13 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

Holocaust of the Native American Indians

Dec 1, 13 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
observant

GET THIS.

T a m m u z has 27 (I counted quickly) out of the 104 posts on this thread, thus far, so that's over 25%.

And he didn't even participate in T.G.  He was only here to criticize and grandstand.

Dec 2, 13 1:26 pm  · 
 · 

so killerz be killing.  the only real problem with genocide is that you eventually run out of people.

Dec 2, 13 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

For example, just last week – hundreds of years after the first Thanksgiving – a high school cheerleading squad in McCalla, Alabama decided to welcome a rival team during the state football playoff game with a large banner reading, “ Hey Indians, get ready to leave in a Trail of Tears Round 2.” The inappropriate sign quickly went viral among Native American groups who protested its gross insensitivity. Not only was the rival team named after a racial group, but the opposing cheerleaders chose to use a historical event where thousands of Natives were forced into exile and murdered as a representation for their high school football game.

How did this happen in the 21st century? If the cheerleaders had used the Holocaust or even slavery as an example, the media would've been up in arms over the blatant racism. But because the offense was directed towards Native Americans, it largely went unreported except by Natives themselves.

And this isn’t the only way that Natives are being misused as sports mascots. Controversy has surrounded the Washington Redskins for years over whether or not they should change their team name. The term “redskins” is a racial slur referencing Native skin color. I thought that in this day and age it was universally accepted that any term referencing a person’s skin color was always inappropriate and rude. Yet, Sunday after Sunday the Washington Redskins are introduced to adoring fans toting fake headdresses, ridiculous face paint, and other traditional and sacred Native symbols that have been turned into commodities for souvenir shops. The NFL would never allow a team to call themselves the New York Jews, or the San Francisco Chinamen. Why then is it so common to commodify Native Americans?

Dec 3, 13 12:13 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

and this racism, again, reflects in many of your jibes which you had responded with here (the mocking references to native american culture and tropes). its really astonishing that you are not aware of this. its really astonishing that you don't give a shit. how can it go so infrasonic that you cannot identify this rottenness in you? How could you treasure a meal over the pain of an entire people who compose a part of your country and were the original inhabitants? You could so easily assign another day to 'give thanks'. you could turn that day into a day to appease the damaged and hurt psyche of a victims of a genocide.  

Dec 3, 13 12:19 am  · 
 · 
observant

^

So, you're approaching 30 posts on my thread, and it's December now.  I really think social activism was your calling, which can also be expressed through urban planning, urban economics, and urban psychology, among other channels.  And since it's December, and you're in a bilingual country where you are skilled at both languages, Joyeux Noel.

Dec 3, 13 1:49 am  · 
 · 

well, now that the holdiay is safely in the rearview mirror, I'm totaling on board with critizing genocide, crushing soverignty amongst native peoples and the general move towards global centralizations o fpower.

Anybody recogniz e this photo?

It's gwbush in scull & bonz  class photo.  note the skull of geronomo (an indian) is the centerpiece.  gw's grandpa, prescott, was amongst a group who stole it from the indian's grave.  evidence of the elite agenda of mass murder?

you may not be indian, but don't think they won't come for you too.

Dec 16, 13 9:39 am  · 
 · 
observant

Wow ... executive "charm school in action:" legs crossed at the knee, executive portrait style.  I remember a girl in grad school who hailed from the South telling me how she didn't care for some guys in her graduate program who crossed their legs that way.  Even though she was very bright, and came from money, I chalked it up to regional cultural differences.

Dec 16, 13 3:56 pm  · 
 · 

yeah, charme school indeed.  full photo:

Dec 17, 13 10:31 am  · 
 · 

I jsut found out that the pilgrims were also alcoholic sodomites.  But they did invent pumpkin pie, so that counts for something, I guess.

Dec 24, 13 11:24 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

what's wrong with being an alcoholic sodomite?  unless you're a catholic of course. they frown on both activities.  but if you don't have religious dogma holding you back, meh.

Dec 24, 13 11:36 am  · 
 · 
observant

what's wrong with being an alcoholic sodomite?  unless you're a catholic of course. they frown on both activities.

Catholic is capitalized.  They don't frown on both activities.  They are not Mormons.  They even drink wine at Mass, your know, their church service, so priests drink wine and ... well, let's not go there on Christmas Eve.  Then, among their ranks, there is a lot of alcohol consumption - the Irish with their pub culture, the Italians with their production of wine and regular consumption with a meal, though not necessarily recreationally, and over here, drunk groups of Hispanic guys after a tough week of harder labor who cat call the "mamacitas" of their liking who happen to be walking by.

Dec 24, 13 12:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: