Archinect
anchor

Hatch Patterns Correct designations??

Agha

Hi all,

After long time, I still being extremely perplexed, which hatch pattern signifies the wanted material, and even with searching, I would find sources stating contradicting informations; for example, some stated the a specific hatch pattern for structural brickwork, then others state the same hatch pattern for reinforced concrete!!.

So, I would be thankful if someone, someone who 100% is assured about hatch patterns, would tell me or send me even any material stating the correct Hatch patterns for most of building and structural materials, if not all.

Best wishes.

Oct 2, 13 1:32 am
drewjmcnamara
Materials in assemblies get called out anyway. There are some conventions, but I think the best use of hatches is to simply show contrast between layers, to give a material thickness as opposed to leaving a blank area between two lines.
Oct 2, 13 7:22 am  · 
 · 
J5LO

Designate all of your hatch patterns on your cover sheet and use whatever hatches work best for your given situation.

Oct 2, 13 9:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: