What architectural services can a part 1 architecture student do self employed?


I have recently graduated my part 1 architecture course and received my BA(Hons). I am currently looking for my first year out in work placement but due to the current economic climate this is proving quite difficult for many and is taking some time.

My question is what architectural service is a part 1 student legally allowed to offer in order to keep busy and gain small amounts of experience?

Also would you suggest offering these services for free or for a small fee?

Many thanks,


Jul 25, 13 11:40 am

Check with your state regulators and local building department.  Generally, non-structural items, tenant finish, houses and house additions, duplexes and even commercial work under a certain size and complexity don't need architectural registration.

Jul 26, 13 1:27 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

  • ×Search in: