Archinect
anchor

Hard Drive recommendation?

Juliawohlwend

I have recently started using revit, and it has been great, but I definitely want to increase the space on my computer so that it can work faster.

For one I am going to get a hard drive that has more space, but I am considering using a different type of Drive. 

Ideally I would like to use an SSD, but I do not have the money for that.

I was wondering if anyone uses a Hybrid Hard drive, and if that has made revit work any faster for you than using a regular hard drive with the same amount of memory.

Thank you

Jun 28, 13 5:09 pm
LITS4FormZ

Hard drive speed does not dictate how efficient your model functions in Revit. An SSD is certainly an upgrade over a standard 7200rpm drive. RAM + CPU are the largest contributors.  

Jun 28, 13 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

a faster drive could help you save and access large files faster.

i would not do a hybrid drive, but i think getting 2 different drives, an SSD for the OS and some programs, scratch file, maybe page file type stuff, then a second 7200rpm really big drive for file storage, is a good idea, if you're getting new drives anyway.

Jun 28, 13 5:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: