Archinect
anchor

Why do people still work for Zaha?

observant

^

Please don't elaborate on a string bikini or anything along those lines to FLESH out your story.

Mar 10, 13 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
boy in a well

why would i?

Mar 10, 13 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
observant

You mentioned sauntering along a beach ... the mind just wanders in that direction. 

Mar 10, 13 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

spike only if it were zaha hadid....cause then I could say I did.

Mar 11, 13 8:07 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

Paradox;

the fact that she was  a foreigner with her own office starting in the early 1980s during Margaret Thatcher's service as the UK prime minister bears its share of gravitas. remember, this was the UK not the US and at that time, being white, male and an Oxridge graduate was expected. at that time, a woman was the prime  minister (the US has yet to instate a woman president)  and so women equality (something that matured greatly after the second world war in the UK) was not as contentious a matter as race was (and truly still is in the UK - i feel that the metropolitan "white" US is more accepting that its UK equivalent). that is not surprising;  the US is historically an immigrant's country going through whereas the UK is an old kingdom with a defined, even if developing, perception of its subjects-citizens.

she is, undeniably, an admirably strong woman with her own sense of purpose. i can understand and appreciate that.

actually, she does look very iraqi arab to my eyes. i've had a chance to observe.

knefe' is lovely, i didn't see  knefe' in  istanbul (not taht iw as looking). i don't like the vermicelli type (nablus is renown for it); i like the one with smooth pie-like crust. but, lately, i've noticed it making me feel faint and weak. not sugar related..the texture perhaps..the headiness, its very heady. some have it for breakfast. but baklava, small pieces and they hit the sugar craving spot immediately. but they are acidic owing to the ghee. few, few ecstatic morsels...

Mar 11, 13 9:36 am  · 
 · 

Unexplainably, this thread has more life than most of Zaha's architecture.

Mar 11, 13 10:16 am  · 
 · 
observant

Because this thread got women, foreign folks, and politically correct sensibilities riled up ... which then turned into the bulk of the thread ... the concurrent one isn't as "high mileage."

Mar 11, 13 10:47 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

my cambridge(the real one) educated minority girlfriend turned into Zaha when I left the toilet seat up the other day.

Mar 11, 13 11:18 am  · 
 · 
design

Eons from now, sentient beings will gaze upon this thread and say: "yes architects were a deficient bunch"

Wow.  And you advocated staying away from 'retarded cliche?'  What does her astrological sign have to do with anything?

It's not a cliche, never heard of stingin scopios? big mouth saggitarius is another one. hwa hwa hwa

Mar 11, 13 11:33 pm  · 
 · 

was that Mohsen Mostafavi in that B+W image on page 2?

Mar 12, 13 12:10 am  · 
 · 
observant

It's not a cliche, never heard of stingin scopios? big mouth saggitarius is another one. hwa hwa hwa

Yes I have.  Scorpios supposedly have some kind of hypnotic sexual intensity, too.  Gimme a break ... on the Scorpio "wishful thinking" perception of their sexual intensity. You spelled Sagittarius incorrectly.  Yes, they're a blast to be around.  Put a bunch of them together, and they'll go on a trip somewhere and irreverently poke fun at anything amusing that they encounter.

Mar 12, 13 12:59 am  · 
 · 
design

It spelled like that for the sake of emphasis, ie. the sagging...

Put a bunch of them together, and they'll go on a trip somewhere and irreverently poke fun at anything amusing that they encounter.

Sounds like you'd fit right in at Hadid's bro.

Mar 13, 13 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
kingston250

Her some works are very interesting and i like but i am not working for her.

Mar 14, 13 6:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: