Archinect
anchor

These Kids Today!

OneLostArchitect

http://burlington.craigslist.org/egr/3587114897.html

Architetcural graduate (work from home)
I am an Architectural graduate student going to school ,Looking for an architectural graduate that graduated, to help me with my courses this upcoming semester, I will pay 2500 per course over a 15 week semester . Please send portfolio.
Thank you
Compensation: see add
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

Feb 2, 13 4:57 pm

Oh my.

I'm about to make "yellow cake mix" from scratch, because I'm using a recipe that calls for a box of cake mix but I don't want all the chemicals that come in store-bought cake mixes. Is there a parallel here, perhaps?

Feb 2, 13 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i should've put my name, sorry.

donna, you making nukes now?? you multi-talent.

Feb 2, 13 5:24 pm  · 
 · 

Yeah, beta, I'm a little worried the internet searches for "yellow cake recipe" will get me in trouble some day.

Feb 2, 13 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

so if we see on the news that indy turns into a lake, we know your cupcakes were successful?

Feb 2, 13 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Donna, I'll make that cake for you for $2500.

Feb 2, 13 7:45 pm  · 
 · 

citizen, are you a graduate of a cake-making school?  Because I only want someone who has already done all the work themselves to help me find my own cake-making voice.

Feb 2, 13 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I'll do it.  I want the 2500$ up front though paid western union.

Feb 2, 13 8:42 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

You caught me, Donna.  I don't even eat cake all that well.

The insistence on the proper qualifications in that ad is hilarious.  You gotta love a plagiarist with standards!

Feb 2, 13 9:03 pm  · 
 · 

Actually, if we ignore the possibility of blatant cheating, let's consider the following:

Graduate school full-time is typically 9-12 credit hours a semester— three classes per semester. Based on $2,500 per class, we're assuming a grand total of $7,500 per 15 week period.

If the "tutor" in question works full-time providing "assistance" to the student, this person's average hourly wage is $12.50 an hour. Considering a tutor usually makes between $30- to $50-an-hour, this student is getting quite the bargain.

If anything, this cheapskate needs to be hired as a principal A.S.A.P. because it's quite clear already has a hand up on maximizing gains while minimizing overhead.

Feb 2, 13 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
zonker

Donna

Yellow Cake? that's used in making nuclear bombs - that's what George W started the Iraq war over - he was looking for their yellow cake mix

Feb 3, 13 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
yeah but saddam's was *bad*. horrible, stomach-churning. thus a weapon of mass destruction.

donna's is much better.
Feb 3, 13 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I never knew yellow cake had any other meaning.  ....Everyday!

And, Big Green Head, can we get a like button, perhaps near the flag button?

Feb 4, 13 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

"If the "tutor" in question works full-time providing "assistance" to the student, this person's average hourly wage is $12.50 an hour. Considering a tutor usually makes between $30- to $50-an-hour, this student is getting quite the bargain.

If anything, this cheapskate needs to be hired as a principal A.S.A.P. because it's quite clear already has a hand up on maximizing gains while minimizing overhead."

What kind of an idiot pays 2500$ for a class and pays another 2500$ per course doubling the grad school expenses. Nowhere in the post the poster says he/she is looking for a tutor. It is very clear that she/he is looking for someone who will help with the drawings/renderings aka monkeying work. The helper may actually get a sweet deal if she/he manages the work for a few hours a week and outsources the grunt work to China for 5$ an hour (secretly).

Feb 4, 13 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
Sign me up. Happy to take the $2500 and then do nothing but bitch. This kid is a classic ... Someone should study him/her
Feb 6, 13 12:17 am  · 
 · 
Median

This is also from Vermont, I had to Google if they even had an architecture program in Vermont.

Feb 6, 13 9:29 pm  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

do they?

Feb 7, 13 12:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: