Archinect
anchor

LA Prada Store - Aluminum flooring?

415mission

Did OMA use aluminum for the flooring at Prada LA? I can't tell from photos. Anyone have information, specs or reviews? I know they didn't use the same company/product as they used at IIT.

Thanks.

Aug 11, 04 4:51 pm
ArchAngel

New York Prada and IIT used he same Supplier:
http://www.aluminumfloors.com/
Ask for Frank

Aug 11, 04 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
415mission

I've worked with Frank before (great guy, great product) but he had nothing to do with NY Prada, LA Prada or the Seattle Library. He just did IIT.

Anything about LA Prada flooring?

Aug 11, 04 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
xacto11

Hmm, I didn't remember the flooring material. I guess I need to check that place out again. I thought it was concrete, but probably wrong.

Aug 11, 04 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
xacto11

The picture in the image gallery looks like wood to me.

Aug 11, 04 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
415mission

One floor is wood and the other floor (main?) is either aluminum or concrete. From the photos, I thought it was concrete but someone mentioned to me that it's aluminum.

Aug 11, 04 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

call prada? Ask them what they're standing on.

Aug 12, 04 9:36 am  · 
 · 
sterling hall

i believe they have used a 'tiger wood' - maybe that's the wrong name ive been watching golf - but its a rare wood - i know its what's on the stairs and entry - was speaking w someone who worked on the pjct and what was pretty cool is that mucca [what's her name ?, = prada], is re-planting an equiv. amt of that species o. trees that she has used in this blg. i have to say though in some sense it is a bit ironic as there is so much redundancy of steel + waste of material in the pjct that it seems like a very peverted condundrum in the end - [ when you see the customers it all makes good sense ] rockon rem !

Aug 13, 04 10:53 am  · 
 · 
415mission

Anyone? Anything?

Aug 16, 04 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
A

sterling hall - are you referring to zebra wood?

And Prada is not what I'd call a model for the environment if they are using that. Aluminum flooring has gotta have more embodied energy than any other flooring material out there.

Aug 16, 04 11:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: