Archinect
anchor

What does it take to get published?

pvb358

I have a 160 page photo documentary of my trip to Europe, mostly just a sampling of what I say with small captions to note the image. I think it could make for a decent coffee table book. What would I need to do to get this published? I have no clue how the system works, I just learned inDesign last year in school, so made use of it for once.

Aug 8, 04 2:07 pm
MADianito

u need the right connections dude, so start doin them, and wait couple of years, be patience

Aug 8, 04 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

try cold-contacting publishing companies; they usually accept proposals. harry n. abrams is a major art book publisher and they were actually very receptive when i proposed a photography series (but eventually rejected it). go to this page and they tell you how to submit a proposal. if they like your idea they will have you send a draft for review.

http://www.abramsbooks.com/index.php/info/5

Aug 8, 04 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

do you think you can share with us, some of your photographs in image gallery?thanks.

Aug 8, 04 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
blank

if your ultimate goal is a self contained book, your best bet may be to submit them to a travel magazine for publication first, if just to say your photos are of high quality. you may want to try mediabistro registration is requireed and mostly premium, but they offer extensive articles and workshops specifically on this subject. some of their articles are geared towards submittal in specific magazines (conde nast traveler) while others are how to pitch your book idea. hope it helps.

Aug 8, 04 4:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: