Archinect
anchor

Metal Barel Vault roofing systems

NOIR_B

Working on a house and i am looking for a manufacturer of a metal roofing system.
spans are 20' +/-
radius 10'

any other suggestions on barrel vault roofing welcome

Aug 4, 04 11:37 am
threshold

I have a house underway right now with a metal vaulted roof. We decided to go with a site fabricated copper roof but there are pre-manufactured systems that can do this. I researched Uni-Clad and they have several profiles that can be run on a radius. Pac-Clad should have the same and I would also look into Atas.

Be aware of the differences in details - site fabricated can be very tight with low profile detailing where pre-manufactured is usually more clunky where pitches meet each other (hips) or sidewalls.

Aug 4, 04 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

an awesome standing metal or metal roof system is this company

http://www.rheinzink.com

great looking stuff.

Aug 4, 04 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
A

Although not for a residentail application I did a barrel vault that was site fabricated with Una-Clad and it turned out very nice.

Are you just looking for the roof? I also used aluca-bond on the fascia at the rake end that finished off excellently.

Aug 4, 04 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

i did a comm'l. building with a vaulted metal roof - they're rolling it onsite to avoid lateral seams. depending on the project location, you may need something like an ice & water shield under the metal. BTW, how do you get 20' spans with a 10' radius? Is the roof profile like this ∩ ?

Aug 5, 04 10:10 am  · 
 · 
oregon

2r=d

Aug 5, 04 10:21 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

uhhhh yeah - i read radius and thought diameter. i'll just shut-up now....nevermind....maybe get some coffee (at starbuck's)

Aug 5, 04 11:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: