Archinect
anchor

So I poped the question .... and she said ...

e

ether, that was a nice one. thx for sharing.

Mar 16, 06 1:09 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

sporadic, you're getting married in july/august? wait until september to tell her architects don't earn much money. haha. lame, i know. congratulations though and best wishes.

Mar 16, 06 10:24 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Hmm,I have a nice story too (true one )

the last woman I proposed to ,replied :-

"Oh Thanks ! I'm really flattered!"

I am still unsure whether she complimented me or herself.

Mar 16, 06 10:30 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i proposed to a woman once.

she was a friend of a friend and we were talking about post-graduate plans. apparently she already had a job lined up with $100k salary.

i was impressed so i asked her, "what did you study?"

"i'm a lawyer," she replied.

"will you marry me?" i immediately responded (i've been practising this response, just in case)

...anyhow, i haven't seen her since then...maybe that's a good thing

Mar 16, 06 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
meta

hahaha.. oh u losers!!!
i thought i was the only one.

Mar 16, 06 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
futureboy

i thought i'd resurrect this one to add my own story;

for several months i had been designing a bracelet, had it 3d rapid prototyped, cast in silver, polished, bought a nice jewelry box, refelted the whole jewelry box, etc. (typical obsessive architect).
i bought tickets to see la boheme at the metropolitan opera.
after the opera finished i rushed us both downstairs (knowing it would be a few minutes of encores before everyone would head out of the opera).
i ran us outside (her still completely unawares of why) and get out to the fountain, stop, pull out the box....she asks, "what's that for?" i say, "i was planning on asking you to marry me with this?" open the box, reveal the bracelet.
look of shock...
one minute...palms get sweaty
two minutes...start to sweat profusely (it is the end of january and 10 degrees outside)
three minutes...start feeling faint
she mutters "you've been thinking about this?"
i say "yes"
she asks "are you sure about this?"
i say "yes"
she kisses me and puts on the bracelet.
she turns to me "wow, you're sweating."
i say "i thought i was dying"
she says "you looked like you were choking"
we laugh and run into the subway heading towards our favorite chinatown greay-spoon for a late-night dinner.

May 15, 07 9:40 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Congrats!

May 15, 07 9:45 am  · 
 · 
alfrejas24

Congrats SS
god all your stories are so romantic. Mine is definitely more um..function and less form.

Dated a waitress I worked with for 2 weeks and then she moved to DC after getting her undergrad. She came back to visit me a total of 7 times.
Problem is she was born in Poland and if she didn't find a job to sponsor her with a year of receiving her undergrad she would have to return to Poland alone (her parents and brother received their greencards after she turned 21 and at the time lived in Dallas.) So with less than a month before I would probably lose her forever, I proposed over the phone on a Monday night. That Saturday I took a train down to Dallas, drove her and her belongings back to Chicago and we were married at the courthouse the following Saturday. I'm very happy to say we will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary in a week and half and couldn't be happier.

May 15, 07 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: