Archinect
anchor

Subtle pleasant sensations

Ms Beary

"And that moment of exhaustion, when the house is clean, there's fresh food in the fridge, fresh flowers on the table and a full tank of gas." Oh kristin! I love this feeling! exhausted yet satisfied.

Mar 28, 07 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

all summer long we spent dancin in the sand
and the jukebox kept on playin
sargeant peppers lonely hearts club band.

Apr 10, 07 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

that moment when the wind suddenly changes directions and rushes off the lake, bringing with it a chill and the smell of the first snow

Apr 10, 07 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
+i

+(women can relate...) taking off pantyhose (god i hate them)
+going to the atm to check your balance and make a withdrawal on payday
+right after sex when my boyfriend plays with my hair
+going to the beach and feeling the sun soak through my skin (i live for this- even if it will give me cancer one day)
+running into the white foam surf during the middle of a storm/hurricane in september- knowing it's the last time you'll be in the water again until April

Apr 10, 07 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

walking down halsted... sun setting, friday late afernoon, studio final over... and my headphones go..

"and the stars are projectors yeah
projecting our lives down to this planet earth...
everyone wants a double feature
they wanna be their own damn teacher
and the stars are projectors yeah
projecting our lives down to this planet earth..."

for the second time and there is this beautifuly subtle swell of noise before the tempo picks ups and the week is replaced by weekend

Apr 11, 07 2:31 pm  · 
 · 

the smell of incense on a hot day

Apr 11, 07 3:02 pm  · 
 · 

powder on a freshly diapered baby...

Apr 11, 07 3:02 pm  · 
 · 

driving over a blanket of poui leaves and watching them dance in the rear view mirror

Apr 11, 07 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
n_

a few subtle senations that i adore:

(for the ladies and maybe a few men) the feeling of your bed sheets against your freshly shaven legs.

the initial touch from a massage therapist on your back.

the first bite of chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven.

Apr 11, 07 3:03 pm  · 
 · 

the midday sunshine on your naked body.... unparallelled

Apr 11, 07 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
Apr 11, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 

ahh long story....boat!

Apr 11, 07 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
n_

the intro to 'talk show host' by radiohead. i live for those first notes.

Apr 11, 07 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

it that what you call it...

Apr 26, 07 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
lirker

yeah!! it!

Apr 27, 07 12:37 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

It's Friday at 11AM which means the tornado sirens are going off. This gives me a subtle pleasant though non-physical sensation. A moment of community awareness that we are all looking out for one another.

The other event which gives me the same sensation, but even better: stopping my car and watching all the other cars, in both directions, stop too because the school bus has turned on its red lights to pick up some kids.

Unselfish order in a community of people.

Apr 27, 07 11:04 am  · 
 · 
snooker

unselfish order in a community of people.....Thinking about when all the traffic lights go out because of a winter storm....and well all the traffic seems to flow so much better, people taking their turn, and even some letting others go out of turn. Intersections become four way stops with out the signs.

Apr 27, 07 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

knowing that your phone is on vibrate...

Apr 27, 07 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
lirker

yeeeeooooowwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

things are heating up in here!!!!!!!

stay tuned everyone!!!!!

Apr 27, 07 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

-eating at a european restaurant when an old 'ace of bass' song' comes and realizing that myabe america isn't so culturally inferior after all

-just the smell of sunscreen...especially during the colder months when i'll open the bottle just to get a whiff

-the first few days in a new house/apartment/whatever when everything still just feels weird...yet before you know it you've settled in, packed everything away and are home again

May 9, 08 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
PsyArch

Noting a new leaf on a plant that I care for. Feeling plantonically fatherly.

May 9, 08 7:55 pm  · 
 · 

-jumping into a clear pool of water on a blistering hot day

-the touch of a lover after a long absence

May 11, 08 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
weem_of_crete

The sound of the planer as it bites down on the board you will use to make the top of your desk.

Diesel fumes from an excavator.

Taking the on-ramp too fast and feeling the g forces push you against the side of the car.

May 11, 08 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

the first sun break after a dreary morning

May 11, 08 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
ether

The smell of the city in the early morning just when the sun starts to heat everything up.

Staring into my daughters eyes and her staring back into mine.

May 12, 08 9:35 am  · 
 · 
****melt

The smell of a wood burning fire on a coll spring evening.

The feeling of clean sheets as you slip between them in your birthday suit.

May 12, 08 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

pleasant? no...but

a few thursday nights in saudi arabia (thursday there is like saturday to many of you),  very humid nights that might as well have been an uncomfortably warm sea to wade into. walking always alone...feeling exonerated from a nagging sense of finitude by the enveloping watery air. kept a companion by dismembered and dehydrated cats, scrawny mutated mothers dragging their dangling udders across the steaming asphalt. walking  and sometimes serenaded by curious boys with question marks in their minds and exclamation marks in their laps ...but mostly just the sense of walking in that humid darkness, feeling like i was at the brink, an almost-nothing.

Feb 8, 13 10:56 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: