Archinect
anchor

Subtle pleasant sensations

PsyArch

Seeing this thread bumped and remembering all the good things in it...

May 1, 06 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Returning home after a fantastic weekend trip.

May 1, 06 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

...the smell of early grey tea

...the anticipation right before a concert that you know is going to be good

...when the opening act at said concert is almost better than the act their opening for

...finding someone responded to your thread on archinect and the stall of the internet opening said thread

...a well made cosmo

also have to agree on those first five minutes in bed after a review. the bed could be made out of cement and it would still feel like a cloud!

May 2, 06 1:17 am  · 
 · 
badass japanese cookie

listening to music made by good friends

May 2, 06 1:36 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

gate crashing a fantastic party ... making friends .. and leaving undetected !!

May 2, 06 3:37 am  · 
 · 
sedition

yeah sporadic, also:

the smug eleation of talking your way into an invite only party.

lying to security/police.

when you were underage telling a bouncer that you were 18 and getting away with it.

or are those subtle guilty pleasnt sensations?

riding a bike downhill on a cold night, even the tears from the wind feel good.

May 2, 06 4:45 am  · 
 · 

okay this is a geeky one, exhibiting how uncosmopolitan i am out here in the midwest:

-following a link from archinect that has asian character hypertext.

on this thread.

May 4, 06 7:01 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

lol..mr.ward. i just wanted to know if the text works on archinect. but, swear i don't know what it means.

on topic
- quenching your thirst after a heavy workout

May 4, 06 7:33 am  · 
 · 

riding home for lunch through the city on this, the first real hot day, 27deg, and everybody is out soaking up the sunshine!

May 4, 06 7:50 am  · 
 · 
PsyArch

Cutting the lawn with hand-clippers, and finding a big frog.

Drying laundry outside.

May 4, 06 8:01 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

The drawings are waiting for you at the print shop, it's a gorgeous sunny afternoon, you're driving with your windows down listening to Kings of Convenience. Very pleasant.

Thanks again, puddles.

May 5, 06 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

subtle scent of a pretty girl's hair after she's just washed it and walks by you.

May 5, 06 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
Lisa Carmen

Lying in a hammock blue skies above, afternoon sun and an ever so slight breeze

the sexy sexy look, sound, smell and feel of ink on mylar

May 5, 06 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
PetePeterson

pulling on a pair of new socks for the first time... can't believe no one's said that yet.....

May 5, 06 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

When you are lying in bed, just about to fall asleep and you know you are just about to fall asleep. You have a weird sense of it and you can't move your body.

May 5, 06 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

the walk after a long run

driving down a tree-lined street

a smile from a stranger

the fizz in a vodka and tonic after a long day

working late on a design that you know is getting good

threads like this

May 5, 06 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
hibz

having all the pieces of a model fit together perfectly in a jigsaw manner after spending ridiculous hours on each part separately.
waking up the morning after a review and then remembering that there's really no need to!

May 6, 06 4:50 am  · 
 · 
wood_

switching lanes without hitting a bump

May 12, 06 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
walter_

using a really awesome pen.

May 12, 06 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
symmetry

-arriving in an airport after a long spell abroad and you a understand the language people are talking.

-fresh new magazine/book

-feeling sleepy on a rainy sunday

May 14, 06 4:53 am  · 
 · 

accidentally falling asleep on the couch in a room full of family in the middle of the day. (me, yesterday, 3pm)

May 14, 06 8:38 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

to follow up stevens napping. yesterday i woke up early and went out for coffee after doing some laundry. came back and read for a bit and fell asleep from 11:30 to 2. returned some dvd's and got some more. talked to liberty bell (who was working!) watched the merchant of venice. read some more and fell asleep again from six to eight. watched a movie called second best. did dishes. read some more and went to bed. the way to spend a rainy day. well one way at least...

May 14, 06 10:44 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I've thought of this 30 times since reading it, so I have to go ahead and post it now:

The first time I read:

The first time I read, "...but the mountain lion signs keep my mother worried."

Knowing someone else reacted exactly as I did to the same input.

May 14, 06 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

accidentally falling asleep on the couch in a room full of family in the middle of the day. (mom, today, now)

purposefully fallings asleep in the basement away from family in the middle of the day. (me and my brother (couch and bed respectively), today, 2 pm).

May 14, 06 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

The theme for the weekend, but with an added twist:

-purposely falling asleep on a couch in a hotel room full of seventeen family members in the middle of the day (me, yesterday, 5 pm)

Architecture school gives you all sorts of skills.

May 14, 06 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
Caryatid15

The day after a deadline.

Wind blowing on your face when when you exit a building (particularly in New York! lol)

Dog greeting you when you get home.

Finally buying those the pair of shoes you've been eyeing on for the last few weeks =)

The smell of New York. Yes, even the subway tunnels =P LOL.

May 14, 06 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
Keef

Singing out loud the song that's been cooped up in your head all day.

May 14, 06 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
odp1

Opening and closing a Zippo.

Pressing the shutter on an SLR camera.

May 16, 06 1:18 am  · 
 · 
catastrophe

screaming profanity into the ocean while it's raining and you're stressed about finals.

May 16, 06 3:29 am  · 
 · 

arriving back at your car JUSSSSTT as the meter turns back to red.

May 16, 06 7:19 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

rolling up plans and carrying them around...

Nov 3, 06 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

after 1.5 hr yoga class, getting into my car and letting out the fart that i have been holding in for the past 1.5 hr.

Nov 3, 06 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
AP

(i woulda just let it rip in class....silently of course...but still pleasant)

my most pleasant sensation this week - the 1/2 day:
leaving work after lunch yesterday, going home, sitting on the couch, and watching The Shining.

Nov 3, 06 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

how the hell can you hold a fart while stretching and all that?...and you waited till you got in your car?...i would've let it go the minute i stepped out...

Nov 3, 06 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

-august, drizzle+ soil=smell, leaves,red, orange, brown, yellow, black and a thought in mind

-pale tea and dark honey

-winter, sipping warm coffe in a cafe, bescarved, watching people pass by and wearing a meaningless fuzzy smile

-also winter, at home with the girls, red wine and silly makeup do's.

Nov 3, 06 3:30 pm  · 
 · 

subtle pleasant/bittersweet sensation:

realizing today that my daughter looks different in the morning (a time when i very rarely see her, but she was up before i left today...) - just generally brighter, more wide-eyed, and with puffier cheeks - and attributing the change in the evening it to the accumulation of the effects of gravity over the course of the day.

cool thought [observation/hypothesis?] - but also makes me realize that she spend more time awake without me than with me.

Nov 3, 06 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

steven,

get her an archinect account...

Nov 3, 06 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Steven, I feel that whenever I meet Brian for lunch - we both have so much more energy, we're more alert - not so sleepy as in the morning or so exhausted as in the evening. Sadly the people we work with see us at our best!

Nov 3, 06 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

most people get very tired when i enter the room...

Nov 3, 06 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
kyll

that moment - just that moment when you realize, drink in hand, getting up from the stool laughing, that you have a

really

serious

buzz

on the train. you think she's looking, but you're vain. vanity. wait - she looked again. now you think - being paranoid. and vain.

but

when she finally looks and smiles - thats when the warmth hits...

buzzed. friends. bar. round the table with funny commercials - and someone mentions <i>"office linebacker"<i> hilarity ensues...

when little people put their head on your chest and giggle so low that only you could hear them...

Nov 3, 06 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
kyll

i had a finger spasm..

"office linebacker"

Nov 3, 06 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

"when little people put their head on your chest and giggle so low that only you could hear them..."

actually thats spooky. i mean no offense to drarwfs or anything, but just having random little people putting their heads on your chest and giggle....its very werner herzog.

Nov 3, 06 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
archasm

Taking the first knife to a tub of country crock.

Nov 3, 06 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I love that congealed margerine ripple, frozen in time.

But butter tastes better. Speaking of butter, warm melted butter on toast is nice.

Nov 4, 06 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
geimanj

The strangely palpable whooshing sound that the sugar makes as it slides off of my spoon into my morning mug of tea.

Nov 6, 06 1:21 am  · 
 · 
Katze

or cocoa... long live the mocha coffee drinks.

Nov 6, 06 1:28 am  · 
 · 
FRO

biking home at night in the snow, and then suddenly...... lightning and thunder. its officially spring in the rockies

Mar 28, 07 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

skis on fresh corderoy snow slightly softened by spring sun

Mar 28, 07 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
kpxkable

-knowing the answer to a question on an exam
-taking a hot shower

Mar 28, 07 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
Tarheel_11

Not at all subtle but still quite nice:

Seeing my girlfriend for the first time, after being in the middle east for too long, and knowing she is no longer scared.

The sound and sight of the peleton as they chase down a breakaway near the end of a race.

And one subtle one:

Being hugged from behind by my girlfriend for no reason at all.

Mar 28, 07 1:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: