Archinect
anchor

Need Nana Wall alternate

tlmII

The Nana Wall system is great and perfect for my building but too expensive. Does anyone know an alternate that is cheaper. This will be used in a residential setting on a busy street ILO a standard sliding door. Any suggestions are helpful. Main concern is acoustics. We were looking at a commercial type alum/glass overhead door but couldn't get the STC rating out of it. I need close to 40 STC out of this assembly including glass, frame and hardware. Opening sizes 10-10w by 8-10h

Dec 22, 05 7:04 pm
liberty bell

Did you get a quote from Nana to do aluminum rather than wood doors? Their wood door $/sf number is pretty scary (but an excellent product), but by using the aluminum I was able to get them into a current job. Also lead time on aluminum is almost half.

Dec 22, 05 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
LightMyFire66

I doubt you'll find much out there that's any better, we just used some on a restaurant, top notch. Agree with liberty bell on aluminum.

Dec 23, 05 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
LightMyFire66

I doubt you'll find much out there that's any better, we just used some on a restaurant, top notch. Agree with liberty bell on aluminum.

Dec 23, 05 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Hey I just saw an ad for this in an Australian design magazine today at lunch:

Centor Architecturals Eclipse series doors

As vado retro will attest, there actually ARE cool-ish cafes in Indianapolis, at least cool enough to stock Australian design mags (see vado I remembered)!

Of course tlmII your project probably won't support an Australian product...sorry.

Dec 23, 05 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

the grilled tilapia sammich was delish and the company delishiouser

Dec 23, 05 11:56 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Ouch... I recently used an STC-40 acoustic door (insulated stl w/ drop seals) on a sound stage, and the thing cost 13 grand. And it certainly wasn't glazed. I think you are going to have a hard time getting that kind of performance out of any glazed operable door system. You would only get STC-27 out of a 4" glass block wall. Good luck dude.

Dec 24, 05 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
Mahler

www.lacantinadoors.com/

Dec 24, 05 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

How about Grandma Wall?

(Sorry... I couldn't help myself.)

Apr 15, 13 10:46 am  · 
 · 
ariba
Check out Sunflex .. Very similar product.
Jun 4, 13 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
TED

Yes, yes. There's something here in front of me.....wall something....citizen, help me out here.

Jun 5, 13 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
TED

Troll alert.

Jun 5, 13 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Please do not patronize any companies who think it's good business to come here, post a single time, and then never come back. Fucking parasites.

Dec 3, 14 11:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: