Archinect
anchor

what about Valentine's Day?

garpike

We have a no-cat-in-the-bedroom-while-sleeping rule. She (the cat that is) is much too hyper. The fire eating would be a solution, but then I would have the new much worse problem of angry girlfriend. And I actually like the cat.

I'll admit. I have no idea what a manchester is, other than the name of an old area near here in PA (and the city, of course).

Maybe I could fabricate laser-cut plexi rose petals and bolt them to the floor. The cat may pick at them, but imagine the beauty - the lasting beauty!

Jan 30, 06 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
dia

We had the same cat when we lived in an apartment. I used to discipline it by having a spray gun which I filled with water tinged with citrus. It soon stopped climbing up the venetian blinds, and it was great fun for me. Now we have 2 acres, so its happy.

Jan 30, 06 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
dia

I mean, we didnt have your cat - I've never seen nor heard it - but my cat, the one I dont like, is the same cat we had when we lived in an apartment.

Sorry about this, I'm going for the 1000.

Jan 30, 06 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Ah yes. The 1000. I have been making great progress since sitting on my butt all day.

We have the spray bottle, but it doesn't seem to affect her. Also, we have this bitter stuff you can spray on electrical cords. Doesn't work. She loves them cords. I am afraid as I will soon be moving some recording equipment in to the apartment. I will have to rigorously store them in a Rubbermaid container.

Maybe for Valentines I will make an ornate cat cage. It will be the most ornate, and most comforable for the cat. What a gift the cat will think! Secretly, it will store the cat while we enjoy time without her. Maybe it should be soundproof too.

Jan 30, 06 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
dia

If you live up high, you could make a cat cage that sort of cantilevers or dangles out a window, so the cat gets some air, a bit of a view and a bit of a fright. Beautiful - sort of like a Cata Malaparte but without the steps, ground or fireplace...

Jan 30, 06 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

it never loses suction.

valentine's day that is. i hate that damn holiday...

Jan 30, 06 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Ha! A Malaparte for the cat! That would be cool if it could somehow project from the roof - that is if I owned a home. A little get-away for the cat.

I could just see it now.

"So how is that cat house a gift for us?"

Suction indeed.

Jan 30, 06 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

is your mouth a little weak
when u open it to speak
are you smart???

Jan 30, 06 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

dia, garpike, I loved this whole exchange re: the damn cats! "Cata Malaparta", too funny.

garpike, all a girl really wants is a song written for her, as the popularity of vado's Best of 2005 entry proved (granted that one was for the boys, too). Muy romantic!

Jan 30, 06 11:56 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Well, does a girl want me to sing it? Don't answer that.

I just read Vado's song. It rocked.

Jan 31, 06 12:13 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

garpike, I don't know how your voice is, but you've got those hot sideburns, so I say you're good to sing ;-)

Jan 31, 06 12:15 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Ha ha thanks for the support!

Jan 31, 06 12:17 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

So some of the girls in my office are acting like I committed some crime because I didn't wear my perky pink sweater today. Well I don't even have a perky pink sweater, and even if I did, I wouldn't have worn it just because it's TODAY.

Mind you, most of these individuals aren't even familiar with the concept of internet forums and online communities either, just to give you an idea.

Anyway, the ensemble I chose instead - pinstripe skirt, dress white shirt, tights and knee high boots - evokes a different theme. Somewhere along the lines of "I could kick your ass with one hand while I redline drawings with the other" or therabouts.

Anyone else get pimped out for the holiday?

Feb 14, 06 11:26 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Aww crap I just realized I'm wearing a red shirt. So unintentional. Thankfully it is 95% hidden by the charcoal grey sweater. Plus the high-heeled boots make me a little menacing.

"I could kick your ass with one hand while I redline drawings with the other" I loooove this statement. This statement is your valentine to me WonderK - thank you, I plan to use it often.

Feb 14, 06 11:36 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

I accidentaly wore a salmon/red button down shirt today...got to work and was like "shit". Oh well.

Here's my online v-day card that I made

Feb 14, 06 11:37 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

try it again:
v-day card

Feb 14, 06 11:38 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i accidentally wore pants today...lately i've gotten used to going without them

Feb 14, 06 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

I AM WEARING A BROWN SKIRT WITH TWO PINK HEARTS ON IT AND MY PINK PAUL FRANK HOODIE!

TOTALLY INTENTIONAL!

i really like valentine's day. i think it's because i like wearing red and pink, and i like to eat candy and cookies and things that are heart shaped.

or maybe i am just a sap.

Feb 14, 06 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

My face broke out last week. Too much chocolate.

And this morning my girlfriend put on a red shirt and I pointed it out. Frustrated she flailed about for a grey shirt. She finally settled on wearing the red.

Feb 14, 06 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

my husband got me a single flower (a lily) for valentines day. that might make some ladies mad, but I much prefer 1-3 flowers over a cheesy bouquet. now we are going out for pizza. ta-ta.

i wore all black, by the way. not to mean anything, just had a meeting today and wanted to look dignified and boring, and be comfortable.

Feb 14, 06 7:32 pm  · 
 · 

hah hah Straw - black is my usual Valentine's attire - something about being an enternal bachelor on that day. But filled with the love that only a special woman can bring, and barely sleeping because of the fear of it all; I came dressed to work barely a red pin stripe. Most didn't even realise only those that got close and remarked on how clever and subtle it was. I'll be a happy camper tomorrow - enough of this.

back to the island wear

Feb 14, 06 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
e909

february alredy? i'm still having fun tossing pumpkins off the 13th floor

Feb 19, 06 3:30 am  · 
 · 

Although started way back in 2005, its coming around to that time again...when we have to think about those closet to us, or those that we wish were. So here's a little head's up and I'm being more romantic that I am usually - must of been that BIG bump on my head the other day. Nonetheless...its the season for it. mwah

Jan 24, 07 9:46 pm  · 
 · 

In architecture school I got a mystery valentine's card made of... toilet roll. It *was* done cute but sortof a mixed message nonetheless...

Jan 25, 07 9:09 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

so is anyone else celebrating [url=http://www.singlesawareness.com/]single's awareness day[/img]?

Jan 25, 07 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

dammit! i am an idiot!

single's awareness day

Jan 25, 07 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

F V-day.....I say it should be celebrated the way it was intended to be celebrated as.....

as a massacre!

hahaha (evil laugh)

and no Im not bitter! hehe

Jan 25, 07 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

my boss just told me that we have a 9:30 appointment with the city's planning review board on the 14th...

my friend will be one year with his girl on the 14th as well...he planned it well...

Jan 25, 07 2:54 pm  · 
 · 

pffft. Screw Valentine's Day. I only just got a reservation for anniversary #6, occuring this weekend. Yes, I'm making the reservations this year, because the last place that my bf chose gave me food poisoning. So it's patently not time to worry about V-Day yet.

Jan 25, 07 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Who eats those nasty candy hearts with the little lovey-dovey sayings on them anyways? I say get rid of 'em. They taste like chalk.

Jan 25, 07 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Thanks for reminding me, cause i only saw easter bunnies at the pharmacy this week....so I was looking forward to eating peeps...and passed right over V-Day.

Jan 25, 07 7:51 pm  · 
 · 

I think I will make a grand effort to one of those 5 women i feel some romantic feelings for. I however suspect that only the interior designer will get anything...perhaps all white flowers again with a spot of red food dye?

She will in turn be nasty towards me, telling me how predictable I am. And how pathetic, short (I'm 6ft), and that I'm an architect.

So hard being lonely and single

Jan 25, 07 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Happy February!

Feb 1, 07 10:46 pm  · 
 · 

Is that for me Strawbeary??

Feb 2, 07 1:14 am  · 
 · 
Client

the mouth of gordon

Feb 2, 07 9:30 am  · 
 · 
Ana G.

Valentine's day.. well i guess i got a date.. since i am envolved in a serious relationship :).. i just remembered that i have an exam that exact day so i will mostly improvise.. .. i suppose that we could also exchange fun harmful valentines. I would actually like that. What do you say architechnophilia.. Will you be my online valentine?

Feb 2, 07 9:41 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm trying to plan my valentine costume in advance this but google image searches have turned up pretty disappointing results so far...anybody have any good suggestions? thank you.

Dec 29, 09 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

This is the first Valentine's Day I won't be spending alone hidden in the house with the tv,radio turned off! My girl is trying to get into Cooper for architecture but oh well,even if she can't I'm still proud of her.We'll probably exchange handmade sketches probably b&w,I'll add some red this time...

Dec 30, 09 5:18 am  · 
 · 
some person

awww... this thread was full of 'necters who have vanished in the past couple of years.

STEPHANIE, COME BACK TO ARCHINECT!!!!!!!

Dec 30, 09 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Puddles: You might want to try one of those fake arrows thru the head. It does have a big impact in the right situation, very deep and thoughtful....but I don't think you will get the, "Happy Meal."

Who the hell is STEPHANINE?....i miss the yaleish woman, whose name escapes me, but anyhow something Susan...her post were always honest and to the point and she did manage to sneek us into some of those YALE STUDIOS.

Then again what happened to Stawberry......she dropped off the face of the earth.

Then what happened to Paul....Think he met up with Sue the T-Rek or maybe he is living the good life on some Island off of the Coast of Brazil.

Dec 30, 09 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
some person

omg, Stephanie is the best and also my twin sister.

Jan 1, 10 2:18 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski
Feb 10, 10 8:36 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

there is a whole website full of these goofy cat photos,icanhascheeseburger.com

Feb 10, 10 8:46 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

It's coming...

Jan 31, 11 3:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: