Archinect
anchor

what do archinects look like?

heres a new one of me, with my new frames (without lenses yet) but i was dying to share the pic.

Nov 13, 08 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Love it, p2an. Especially the no-lenses admission - like you're a kid playing dressup with your grandfather's old glasses. I wouldn't have noticed the lack of lenses if you hadn't mentioned it!

Very, very cool.

Nov 13, 08 1:42 pm  · 
 · 

thanks liberty, i actually have wanted to wear glasses for quite a while. recently i noticed that i couldn't read alot of signs that ppl i was with could. so i got my eyes checked - seems that now i do - yippee!

i bought the vintage frames at a Glasses Museum in amsterdam. I have been wearing them around the house so I and my friends get used to the idea.

Nov 13, 08 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

i love this thread... its fun to see all these pictures...

and i know im late getting in on this, but jump, that sketch your child made really is moving... its very eerie, i cant really place why... but the eyes are particularly good. looks to me like your daughter finds you patient and careful

Nov 13, 08 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Oh my god, so they're vintage, they really ARE somebody's grandfather's old glasses!

And the comment I have been wearing them around the house so I and my friends get used to the idea:

p2an, you are totally adorable.

Nov 13, 08 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

BTW, four birds with one post:

Nov 13, 08 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
Marlin

geez, even i'll bite:
To make sense of this somewhat obnoxious vanity photo: had to get some headshots done for some production companies that wanted a reel, pics and folio per the Archinect Travels gig. Perhaps instead of a real job, I'll be like that shill in the Out of the Box feature who parlayed architecture into a hosting gig.

maybe the first thing to go in a distressed job market is pride...

Nov 13, 08 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
binary

you forgot the glasses and a scarf........

Nov 13, 08 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
Marlin

nah, cyborg. I'm going for the overdressed and underpaid cad monkey douchebag look, not the almost dead and barely in the office look.

Nov 13, 08 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

p2an - Those glasses are AWESOME. I too heart the vintage look. I really wish I could pull off that look.

Marlin - LOL!!!! I immediately thought of all those Glamour Shots places they used to have in the malls.

Nov 13, 08 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

hey Marlin, did you roll your sleeves up like they said in GQ?

http://themoment.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/03/deja-vu-the-science-of-sleeves/

Nov 13, 08 7:35 pm  · 
 · 
some person

um..I only count 7 hands in lb's photo...

Who's between lb and techno? nam?

Nov 13, 08 7:43 pm  · 
 · 

hey marl'n,
regarding that headshot;
there is no 'working out of the box' but just 'working.'

Nov 13, 08 8:03 pm  · 
 · 

Marlin the photo looks more like those "where are they now" pictures you see posted at HS reunions. Just Why nam's not there (though it would of been fun if he was). I think Steven was giving Lb the midwest hand shake I'm not sure, vado would of shown me but you can see he's holding some books

Nov 13, 08 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
cmu268

CMU

Nov 13, 08 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
abc91686

here i am boys and girls be gentle...i'm very fragile

Nov 13, 08 9:03 pm  · 
 · 

you should of posted the one with the exposed nipple...

Nov 13, 08 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

that'd be vado retro in the photo, next to LB.

Nov 13, 08 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Marlin: In my opinion, there's too much blank grey space above the top of your head. The pic needs to be cropped.

As for what's below the grey space: damn. Very nice.

Nov 13, 08 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
abc91686

I thought about it but didnt want to be inundated with sexual offers from our lovely female counterparts.

Nov 13, 08 11:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: