Archinect
anchor

a theory of clothing?

johndevlin

since archinects are interested in ALL design and not just that of buildings, I wonder if any of you have any ideas of why we wear the clothes we do. For instance: at formal functions, why do all the men wear the same 'black tie' like identical penguins, and why must women all wear something different?? Why do women expose the throat and bosom and men are buttoned up right up to the adam's apple? Or maybe there now is no difference between how the sexes dress: women wear pants (Laura Bush) and men wear skirts (the kilt). Is there a general theory or just idiosyncratic observations? Anyone remember 'unisex'? Is the current uniform for both sexes blue jeans and t shirts? What do archinects wear?

Jul 9, 05 4:07 am
vado retro

the "passion" went out of "fashion"

Jul 9, 05 10:12 am  · 
 · 
sarahjane

I find that black works quite well.

My uniform of life.

Jul 9, 05 11:28 am  · 
 · 
driftwood

I'm fully prepared for Saturday afternoon sports bar binge, frou-frou urbanite gallery opening, and most everything inbetween...

Jul 9, 05 11:43 am  · 
 · 
conversationkiller

i like to rock the school girl outfit during finals..
that way im in uniform and no one can tell when go home and shower

Jul 9, 05 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
caffeine junkie

a better question is do people know that they look like total ass when they leave their house and do it anyway, or are they just clueless...If I have to see one more girl with a nasty ratty thong hanging out of her frumpy sweat pants I am going to puke all over her mesh sequened slippers....

Jul 9, 05 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

^ no doubt written by a woman. I'm with you caffinejunkie

Jul 11, 05 8:29 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

although I do have two pairs of sequioned flip-flops. but that's totally different

Jul 11, 05 8:30 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

hurrah caffeine junkie! and no more words sprawled across asses, too

Jul 11, 05 9:44 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Men in skirts are ridiculously sexy.

Bring on the traditional kilts, the Utilikilts, the tuxedo kilts - I like 'em all.

Jul 11, 05 11:46 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

yeah, i've been thinking for a while now that skirts for men would be the next big thing. question is, who will be the first to kick off the trend? an actor? a rockstar? or maybe an open-minded athlete like beckham? any bets on this?

Jul 11, 05 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
johndevlin

Brad Pitt?

Jul 11, 05 1:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: