Archinect
anchor

Where did you study abroad?

popeye

I have a friend that is trying to find a study abroad program for spring semester. The schools that her home institution has agreements w/ do not interest her so it would have to be somewhere that would accept a guest student.
If anyone has had luck studying abroad in a situtaion like this I would like to hear from you.

Jun 5, 05 12:37 pm
melivt

try mcgill. i know a few people that did it there, without "relations"

also, TU darmstadt takes people... eth in zuerich would be ideal. or the aa maybe. bauhaus does as well. good luck.

Jun 5, 05 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
cvankle

I studied in Barcelona this Spring. My university (Clemson) ran the program, but we also had students from Carnegie Mellon with us, and I believe they got credit for all the courses just as we did. They simply had to work it out with their advisors ahead of time.

Jun 5, 05 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
cvankle

We were attatched to the UPC (Universitat Politinica de Catalunya), and had primarily Spanish teachers who spoke english, along with one resident professor from our university.

Jun 5, 05 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
jas

USC Architecture runs their own programs in Como, Italy and Saintes, France. I participated in the Saintes program where we had 15 students living in a house with a studio and the semester was run as if we were at school and were provided the same amount of credit for classes.

Jun 6, 05 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
A

Oulu Finland.

Jun 6, 05 12:55 pm  · 
 · 

jas, they also do Kuala Lumpur (sp?), Malaysia, as well now.

Jun 6, 05 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
CalebRichers

castigleon fiorentino, italy...small tuscan town ideally located midway between rome and florence....ITALART program

Jun 6, 05 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
taboho

COPENHAGEN! it was the best experience. the program also includes a study tour through scandinavia.

[url=http://www.discopenhagen.org/]http://www.discopenhagen.org/[/url/

Jun 6, 05 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
taboho

COPENHAGEN! it was the best experience. the program also includes a study tour through scandinavia.

http://www.discopenhagen.org/

Jun 6, 05 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
word!

i second copenhagen.... the tour of scandinavia was worth the trip and price alone....

aalto is one badass...

wish i could go back this summer

Jun 6, 05 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
AP

i third the DIS Copenhagen program...i went for the 8 wk summer and it was great. Aalto, Utzon, 3xNielsen, Henning Larsen etc. The program is made up primarily of what you referred to as a "guest students." THere are usually groups of Arch students there from Berkley, Pratt and UOregon. Also, the studio is vertical and may include interior design students or other students from other allied arts on some projects.

Jun 7, 05 12:51 am  · 
 · 
AP

the Villa Mairea changed my life!

Jun 7, 05 12:52 am  · 
 · 
word!

paimio was amazing after coming off the booze cruise....vittrask... 20 ish buildings in a week... and then some in finland and sweden.

and then there's that.. the booze cruise...

Jun 7, 05 1:17 am  · 
 · 
AP

definitely

Jun 7, 05 2:17 am  · 
 · 
jas

rationalists, you're right. They started the program while i was there. I guess now you can do a year round, France, Italy and Malaysia, study abroad program...which would be great!

Jun 7, 05 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

penn state has a program in rome..though i don't
know if they take other students.

auburn university used to have a program in roros,norway
which was interesting as well.

Jun 7, 05 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
meversusyou

greece for four months ain't bad.
our own apartment (on the beach), a monthly stipend, and a daily outing to the beachfront cafes for some cafe mai baileys and some sketchin'.

Jun 7, 05 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
garywg

DIS for sure....highly recommend!!
:: Class of Summer 2002

Jun 7, 05 5:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: