Archinect
anchor

BArch at the University of Maine

mei_dw

Hi there! 

I'm considering a BArch at the University of Maine at Augusta, and was wondering if anyone here knew much about the program? As it's relatively new (est. 2001, NAAB accreditation 2013), there's not much about it online other than what the school has published about itself. 

I already hold a BA in Media and Communications with a concentration in Photography from Goldsmiths, University of London; and am seeking to transfer those credits into a second Bachelors instead of pursuing a Masters for financial and logistical reasons as I qualify for in-state tuition and UMA offers the the only accredited program in Northern New England. Additionally I have wonderful connections to the sustainable building community here, so would ideally like to stay in Maine. 

Since graduating, I've worked as a content creator/designer for a multi-media production and manufacturing company, and am currently working as a carpenter for a high-performance building company. I have also since gained a Construction Project Mgmt. Certification from Columbia University's School of Engineering, and am a PHI Certified Passive House Tradesperson. I'm primarily seeking this degree to further my architectural education as my current BA required no math or science, and I would eventually like to start a design/build practice. 

Thanks in advance :) 

Sep 6, 22 10:14 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: