Archinect
anchor

Where can I get a contract agreement form for small design work?

causeandeffect

A developer contacted me to provide floorplan design for a condo project and they have already hired a licensed architect. However, developer prefers someone like me who knows a niche market and could help the architect. I want to make it official and professional, but also give me some liability protection. Is there a contract I can get from the AIA that matches my situation? Do I pay a lawer to draft one? Also I am not a licensed architect.

Has anyone done this before and what contracts did you use to do so?

Aug 20, 22 12:04 am
reallynotmyname

There's probably something you can use in the book Business and Legal Forms for Interior Designers.  You can buy it here https://www.amazon.com/Busines... or maybe get it from your public library.  If there's lots of money involved, maybe get a local attorney to review the contract you get out of the book to make sure it aligns with the laws of the state the project is in.

Aug 20, 22 9:34 am  · 
 · 
Jacq Arch

Try AIA B110 Standard Agreement Between Owner and Architect for Residential. I would suggest editing AIA B101 Standard Agreement as necessary. 

Aug 20, 22 1:46 pm  · 
1  · 
reallynotmyname

Being unlicensed, the OP should edit out "Architect" everywhere in any AIA document they use. Otherwise they are going to violate the professional practice laws that control the title of Architect in US states.

Aug 20, 22 8:21 pm  · 
1  · 

I'd avoid the B-series of contracts if possible for your situation. Too much to edit if you're not licensed and not really addressing what your role on the project would be I think. Check out the C-Series instead: https://www.aiacontracts.org/r...

Look at something like AIA C403 for a design assist services contract with the owner, or AIA C103 for a basic consultant contract with the owner. 

I'd also recommend you work with your lawyer.

Aug 22, 22 12:51 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: