Archinect
anchor

LOD and Typical Reference

KhabibNurmagomedov

My question pertains to the topic of BIM LOD's and Typicals (typical rooms, spaces, etc.). Let me preface by saying this is not a question about best practices on treating typical layouts/rooms nor would I like the discussion to veer that way. For simplicity's sake, let's say there is a hotel project with typical room types throughout the building. If a consultant "populates" one room type with detailed elements satisfying approximate geometrical footprints and locations of devices, but represents the other instances of that room type with a typical view reference callout back to a floorplan of the original detailed room, does this affect the LOD rating and what would it be considered as? In other words, there is only one fully model detailed room in the project with all other instances of that same room type being represented by a view callout to the detailed room. Does this bring the detailed room of something like a LOD 300 down to a 100 overall, since the other rooms are technically represented by generic symbology? Is this a violation if the project is to be done in a LOD 300 or higher? Or does it remain 300? What would be the accurate rating and why? I would love to hear some of your thoughts especially with backed information referencing the LOD manual or related. Thank you. Alhamdulillah

Apr 18, 22 11:50 am
Non Sequitur

Look up the description of LOD and deliverables in your BIM execution plan.  What did you agree to provide, and more importantly, what is the end goal of the model?

Apr 18, 22 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
Kinsbergen

Apr 18, 22 4:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: