Archinect
anchor

For M.arch- Sam Fox School of Design and Visual Art vs Sci-Arc vs Pratt Institute vs Clemson University

Divyagrawal

Hey,

My question is, which college is the best for architecture which can really help me in widening my knowledge in architecture, will help me link to practical knowledge and in which good, reputed firms visit for recruitments.

I intend to pursue Master of Architecture in USA. I've received a couple acceptance letters from various architecture schools. I've narrowed it down to four. They are as follows:

• Sam Fox School of Design and Visual Art
  • Sci-Arc
  • Pratt Institute
  • Clemson University

The following are some of the factors confusion:

Sam Fox School of Design and Visual Art, Sci-Arc and Pratt Institute have high ranking and appears to have strong employment prospects but fees are a bit high as compared to Clemson. (Total tuition expenses around $55000).

About Sci-Arc, I am in the wait list, but still wanted to know about your opinion in case I get the admit of that college.

Clemson, on the other hand, is a respectable university with decent employment possibilities, but the most appealing feature is that its tuition rates are significantly lower, and it is also granting me a 50% scholarship (total tuition fees are $37000).

I don’t have problem with paying higher fees, but just wanted to know if choice of college matters in future.

I have got a scholarship in Sam Fox School of Design and Visual Art with a $6000 scholarship per semester.

Thank you so much.

Apr 6, 22 8:06 pm
Non Sequitur

"I don’t have problem with paying higher fees, but just wanted to know if choice of college matters in future."

right.... well, there's your biggest problem.  Enjoy a decade+ of crushing debt for a glorified art degree then.  Pro-tip: choice of schools matters not, what matters is that it's accredited and that it won't hamper your ability to start your adult life post grad.

Apr 7, 22 8:17 am  · 
 · 
square.

About Sci-Arc, I am in the wait list, but still wanted to know about your opinion in case I get the admit of that college.

Slijmbal GIF - Slijmbal Meisje Meid GIFs

Apr 7, 22 9:15 am  · 
 · 
reallynotmyname

Go to Clemson (although $18.5k a year boggles my mind).  Don't open anything SciArc sends you.  Immediately place it in the recycling bin.

Apr 7, 22 10:47 am  · 
1  · 

As others have said:  

where you get your degree doesn't matter.  It only matters that your degree is accredited. 

Look at what graduates of a programs job placements are.  If the program isn't tracking this then be warry.  

Apr 7, 22 11:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: