Archinect
anchor

MLA decision/ UVA, UW Seattle, Umich

Tina Lee

Hello,

I have been admitted to the MLA (3-year) program at UVA, UW Seattle and Umich. It is so hard to choose where to go( especially as an internationally student with little understand about the schools and the cities)

As they are all in different college, UVA- school of architecture, UW- college of environmental design, UMich- school for environmental and sustainability. I think the teaching in these schools would be very different. 

As I know, I feel UW Seattle is more focused on sustainable design, green city. UVA more focuses on history, social ecology theory, and healthy landscape. However, I am not sure if what I feel is true. It will be awesome if anyone has been in any of these schools could give me some advices and opinions. 

My undergraduate background is forestry and I am quite interested in ecology and how to applied ecology theory into designs. Besides, since I have participated in several forest therapy projects in my undergraduate, I am also quite interested in how landscape could improve people's living quality.  

It will be extremely helpful if anyone could share your experiences or give me some advices. (Anything about the cities would also be great! Since I really have little understanding of these regions) Your answers are so precious and important to me. Thank you so much. 

Mar 25, 22 11:27 pm
diospyrosvirginiana

Ann Arbor and Charlottesville are mid-sized cities with the university as center of culture and employment.  UMich cold/snowy in winter.  Seattle much more urban.

All of them have abundant forest recreation within one hour travel from campus.

Mar 27, 22 11:35 am  · 
 · 

Look at their insta feeds....

Point being, you can read what we say OR look at what's being done in and out of the building.

Mar 27, 22 1:30 pm  · 
 · 

Especially UVa, where they are doing research related to prescribed burns.

Mar 27, 22 1:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: