Archinect
anchor

UTSOA MLA & M.Arch Dual Degree

corbto

Hey y'all! 

was wondering if anyone has pursued a dual degree for MLA and M.Arch at UT Austin? I can't find anything about it anywhere on their website, and their administrators are not being responsive... From what I can tell, they only offer dual degrees with Urban Design or Sustainable Design with another program in the Arch school. Would love to do a dual here, but may have to pick UVA or WashU if its not available at UT :(

Does anyone have any insight? 

Thanks!

Mar 17, 22 2:57 pm
ezejones

Hey the dual degree is totally doable at UTSOA and I personally think both programs are excellent. My girlfriend was a year into the AP M.Arch I program when she decided to apply for the MLA as well and it only increased her program of study from 2 yrs to 3yrs. The MLA program is very intimate, and the M.Arch program is strong. Lots of smart and talented people. 

Also after the first semester, most people find a TA position that pays tuition + stipend, so it's rare you'll find someone actually paying for the program (this may have changed since COVID, but I would ask the program director what rate of pay for TA positions are). If you're proactive, you can also ask an admin to send you the TA application before the first semester and try to get a TA position school begins. I did this and was paid to attend school for the entire 2.5 years I was there. Happy to answer any questions you might have.

Mar 17, 22 9:52 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: