Archinect
anchor

UCLA MSAUD Decision

Hi guys, 

I got a mail today from UCLA’s admissions department of the Masters of Science in Architecture and Urban Design department saying that they have recommended me to the Graduate Decisions to choose me for the program. It said that if they approve, I will get the final letter in a few weeks. 

What do I consider? Am I in or out? 

I have all documents (required by the graduate department). What would be the way forward? 

I would love help and feedback from prior students, or even anyone. 

Feb 15, 22 3:21 pm
sanahmengi

A reply would be satisfying

Feb 15, 22 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
EvanTang

Hi Sanah, I received the same letter. I believe it is only a matter of time to receive a formal admission. So don't worry and enjoy your days. BTW, which studio did you choose? I am in Mobility.

Feb 28, 22 9:22 am  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

Hi Evan, I am waiting for the formal admission as well. I choose Urban Strategy. I love Entertainment and Mobility as well. Let’s see what is the flexibility in the curriculum.

Feb 28, 22 11:24 am  · 
 · 
sohamghosh

Hi guys, I’d received the same letter about a month back and since then I’ve had a meeting with the program director and have received the acceptance letter as well on March 15th. I think this letter means you’re definitely in, so if you haven’t received the official acceptance by now, you will in the coming days. 

P.S I’ve also been accepted into Pratt and Edinburgh and am waitlisted at Columbia GSAPP. Any advice on which would be a good choice out of these? 

Mar 20, 22 8:53 am  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

Hey, I've been accepted at UCLA too. With this, even I have been waitlisted at GSAPP. I think whichever offers you more money, go with that offer.

Mar 20, 22 10:43 am  · 
1  · 
EvanTang

Can you give more details about UCLA's master? I also received an offer from them this year and a scholarship. Honestly, after a few years of work practice, I think their interdisciplinary research is what attracted me. But I would be happy to hear about other experiences as well.

Apr 2, 22 4:57 am  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

I think UCLA’s program is not what I’d like to do, however if that excites you, go for it

Apr 10, 22 7:32 am  · 
 · 
yinghaozhang

Hi Sanah, I think this means admission. Would you also like to share what your final decision is?

Apr 10, 22 2:20 am  · 
1  · 
sanahmengi

Yeah I got accepted :)

Apr 10, 22 7:31 am  · 
 · 
yinghaozhang

Congratulations! I also mean among all your accepted schools including this, what's your final decision?

Apr 10, 22 12:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: