Archinect
anchor

M.Arch graduate - career struggles

Hi,

I am a M.Arch graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from India. I graduated with an M.Arch in 2016 from a US university and ever since I have aspired to work at one of the top firms in the country such as AECOM, Gensler etc. Unfortunately, I have not been successful at finding these jobs as I realise now that they largely hire B.Arch candidates rather than M.Arch. I feel bad about my career choice as these are the firms that I aspired to be a part of upon completion of my degree. I am currently working in an Indian studio firm for almost no pay as my degree is not recognised in India. I need some advice on where I can go or what I can do from here as I find myself to be quite lost. 

Thanks in advance.

Oct 12, 21 12:58 pm
reallynotmyname

US firms will hire both BArch or MArch holders.  I think your difficulties so far may be due to other factors.  Has your US university provided you any assistance with job placement?  I suggest you contact them and see what they can do to assist you.  Reach out to both the schools career services office as well as your architecture school advisor.

Do you have authorization to work in the USA?

Oct 14, 21 10:26 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: