Archinect
anchor

CPDs to encourage sustainable design

simonmurphy

Hi All,

I work for an architect's office in the UK and I help organise the CPDs. I want to use them to help encourage sustainable design but I am struggling to find suitable ones. I am looking for help in the form of ideas as to what sort of CPDs I can find that would do the job? 

Thanks, Si

May 6, 21 2:04 pm

Continuing Professional Development? 

May 6, 21 2:20 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

Confusing Private Dialect?

May 6, 21 2:26 pm  · 
2  · 

I thought it said CBD to encourage sustainable design for a second there. Thought, "well I don't suppose it hurts to try."

May 6, 21 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
simonmurphy

yep to the first one - Continuing Professional Development. It is a UK term. Sorry I thought was universal in English speaking countries.

May 6, 21 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

It's CEU on my side of the pond.

May 6, 21 2:38 pm  · 
2  · 

Same here for just below the Great White North.

Continuing Education Units.

May 6, 21 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Yes Chad, but ours are metric units... so we need to do like 26% and half football field more than you guys.

May 6, 21 5:11 pm  · 
2  · 

Is that a football field or a soccer field?

May 19, 21 9:51 am  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

It's a CFL football field... just to make the conversion more difficult.

May 19, 21 10:22 am  · 
1  · 

Dang Canadians. Always making things different. :P

May 19, 21 10:58 am  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

sorry, eh

May 19, 21 11:20 am  · 
 · 

Shove off yo hoser.

Where Does the Word 'Hoser' Come From? | Mental FlossWhere Does the Word 'Hoser' Come From? | Mental Floss

:D

May 19, 21 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

"I thought was universal in English speaking countries." thanks for the laugh.

May 19, 21 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
RJ87

Whoever provides the best lunches. It's disappointing what some people bring. How can we be expected to learn while hungry.

May 6, 21 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
spickney2000

I suppose if you are giving up a lunch to attend the cpd then a great lunch always helps.

May 19, 21 9:24 am  · 
 · 
spickney2000

Have you checked out the RIBA website for cpd's?

https://www.ribacpd.com/

It might take a bit of time to go through but there are a lot of great cpd's there.

You could try https://www.greenregister.org.... they only have sustainable cpd's/training

May 19, 21 9:23 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: